Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who will win the race? both stock. my r/t has 350 hp and 390 pounds of tourqe. i belive the mustang is lighter though., just curious my cuz wants to run it with me. but i dont want any suprises ya know? haha:grin:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Should be close, if he can shift he'd have the edge otherwise
I'd think you'll take em. Irwindale Speedway has Test n Tune
every Thursday night on their dragstrip, 10-15 minutes from
Pasadena.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya ive been there a couple of times. so ur from around this area huh? cool. what exacly d you mean by test n tune?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
what exacly d you mean by test n tune?
It's just what they call the thursday night racing, actually TNT I think.
But since our cars have such limited tuning ability, for us it's just test, lol.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yep, if hes a good driver you gonna lose if your car is stock.

that is if your coming off a dead stop.

from a roll you may have a good chance on him, since the worst part about a 4100 pound car is getting it going.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
your computer in your car is VERY MUCH MORE RESTRICING than that of the `stang. So I would venture to say it might be close but , like above , if he can shift....sorry

Scott

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
that sucks you guys are very limitted when it comest to auto but dont know why. auto cars are suppose to be faster and way more consistent in the 1/4 mile. Thats why more drags racers prefer auto rather than manuals. But racing from a roll is a different story roll racing manual>auto. You guys def need the tune to make the computer less restrictive and get better shifting.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
my friend has a gt w/ manual and we've raced multiple times and its always pretty close but i've never lost. the most i've beat him by was a car and a half from a 20 mph roll up to 80. he has cai, catback, short tube headers, lowered, and 20" wheels

·
Registered
197 Posts
I always hear "the Mustang is lighter and faster" but I have read quite a few posts about R/T's and Daytona's taking 07 GT's. After driving alongside my wife the other day, I think you stand a good chance. She pushed it pretty hard and I definately had to keep my foot in it in third to keep up. Either way, post up the outcome so I know what's coming when me & my wife actually race. She just has to get a few more miles on board first and then we are going to get a couple video runs.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
that sucks you guys are very limitted when it comest to auto but dont know why.
So true, this same exact tranny in a MB AMG is much better. Wish it
was possible to get that software.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
stock for stock a mustang will burn an R/T - even if he sucks
I wound'nt say that, take it out of D and shift it!! Will be a close race!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok ill tell you the results .thanks

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i burned a new body style GT.. but it was from a 70 mph roll up to about 120 ;) he couldnt pull up to me and by 95 i was pulling away, slowly tho. but none the less.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
are u serious with that question ?
Very serious. I call BS cause i dnt THINK SO, now if i'm wrong and this a FACT this will serve as my edumucation on on stock GTs.

My roommate drives an 05 mustang GT and a Lincoln Mark8 and his GT is not a mid 13 car and if it is my 300c is mid to high 13 car STOCK.
Unless he totally sucks at driving and i dnt see that being the case.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have to say it can be close as everyone else says. I've owned both cars, the difference is hook up, The RT is heavier yes but if the GT has a driver that cant control its tendancy to spin em, you can win.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Very serious. I call BS cause i dnt THINK SO, now if i'm wrong and this a FACT this will serve as my edumucation on on stock GTs.

My roommate drives an 05 mustang GT and a Lincoln Mark8 and his GT is not a mid 13 car and if it is my 300c is mid to high 13 car STOCK.
Unless he totally sucks at driving and i dnt see that being the case.
i think you should educate yourself a lit bit more before posting such rediculous stuff like that, and i really mean it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts