Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to be picking up my new (to me) '06 Charger thrusday or friday. The guy just emailed me the VIN so I can give it to my bank and insurance company, but when I just tried entering it into carfax, it said it was invalid. I'm sure he has a letter or number off somewhere, but the one he gave me is 1B3ES46C24D629886. Anyone know what might be off?

Funny thing is if I go on autotrader and check '06 Chargers, they all seem to start with a #2 and not a 1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first number of the VIN lets you know where it was manufactured, 1 being USA and 2 being Canada.
Cool, thanks for that info. I guess there weren't many built in the US? Of the dozens I have checked, they all started with a 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cool, thanks for that info. I guess there weren't many built in the US? Of the dozens I have checked, they all started with a 2
Yeah that's where I'm a bit confused too. I thought all Chargers were assembled at the Brampton plant in Canada but I could be wrong.

I would check the vin starting with a 2, and also have the dealer double check for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts