Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 06 R/T in for a brake check and possible pad replacement when I'm told (and shown) that I need a new rear hub assembly. Apparently, the previous owner had shaved off some of each bolt so he could fit some 20's or what-not on there and then when he sold it, he put the old rims/tires back on along with some cheapy lug nuts with wrong thread and cross-threaded them on. Now, the only way to get them off is to rip them off and ruin the bolts.

All that said, I've been researching hub assemblies to purchase online since the brake place quoted me an arm, leg, and kidney - $447.50 for a Timken hub assembly and $202.50 labor! I've already found the exact same rear assembly by Timken for about $200 + free shipping from two online stores. Does anyone have any experience with online parts stores regarding hub assemblies or recommend a certain brand and a good price I should look for?

Any help is well appreciated and thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't pound out the studs and get newer ones with those hubs? That should be about forty bucks...
After I made that post, I did the unthinkable and went to a Dodge service dept for help. But, turns out, after they looked at my wheels (for free), they told me the bolts can be removed and replaced without throwing away good hubs. So, the ticket previously quoted drastically dropped and now I'm getting 10 new bolts, 10 new lug nuts (of correct size!), a rear brake pad replacement, front brake check, 2 hours labor, and tire rotation for $500.

The brake place I originally went to quoted me $1250 to replace 2 rear hubs... and that's it! No new lug nuts which I needed, no brake pads, nothing else.

In the end, it's always beneficial to check around... even at the dealership!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts