Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aye guys....

I'm good with tools, but never used them on cars. Decided, after taking too many beatings at the local shop on my 2000 Dodge Durango, that it's time to start learning how to at least maintain these great cars on my own.

I've gotta say, though, that it's a bit intimidating. Don't get me wrong, changing the oil (after the free ones are used up), and rotating tires are no big deal (obviously), but changing spark plugs, cleaning throttle body (not even sure what that it for sure yet), and checking the PCV valve all sound way beyond my current comfort zone.

So, with that said, it was nice to find this forum. I've purchased a few tools I didn't have before, figured out a way to use the floor jack to jack up the car while still being able to squeeze a jack stand in the right place. Found a PDF version of the Factory Service Repair Manual, and also bought the Haynes version as well for my 2006 Charger 5.7L.

Looking forward to getting into the learning curve. Hope you can all bear with me when I ask some serious beginner questions. Don't worry, I'll use the search first, but I'm sure I'll have some questions that nobody has needed to ask yet...

You'll hear from me soon...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Welcome from So. Cal.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts