Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently i made a thread about runnin' an open mouth grille....from what everyone said it seems like i have to cut my vertical beem etc....well i was looking at my grille tonight in detail and i didnt get fancy or anything but it looks like on my charger the grille is just one big peice that can be taken out from the looks of the seems.

soooo if anyone knows if the 06 chargers had full grilles instead of the two peice design please let me know ...Thanks

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
All stock charger grilles are two pieces. The actual cross hair and the slat/honeycomb clip in insert. The stock grille is attached at four points. Two are on the outer part, and two are attached to a center post. Once you remove the stock grille you will have that center post left. That is the part you have to cut out. You must get a hack saw blade and chop the rubber center brace out the center of the fascia.
You can easily reinstall this brace at a later date by "welding" it back in with a soldering iron if you
ever should want to go back to the original grille. If you wrap tape around the blade, it can be easily cut out by hand.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
This is it!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts