Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Daytona now for 2 years. Its a daily driver and used pretty hard. It now has 37,000 miles. I've heard horror stories on here about other chargers but i would like to say that I've had no major problems at all.
The only problem i had was the battery kept draining and that turned out only to be a remote start that wasn't hooked up right.
Pretty amazing huh !!
I put a flow master exhaust on with 40 series mufflers and no resonators so it sounds pretty decent.
I have the police package push bumper from Manick and halo projector headlights and LED tail lights. 20% tint in the front and 5% in the back. And the remote start.
I had one issue that was fixed under warranty, it was the side trim on the doors. The paint was coming off on all 4 pieces. But the dealer scheduled me in, in a week and had new trim put on and no problems.
Now for the question..... I have noticed that the front end seems to be giving a pretty good size clunk over bumps. Like something is loose. It doesn't seem loose driving it but it seems like something is hitting, maybe a strut, or could it be a ball joint. I've read things on here about something commonly going bad in the front but I don't remember what. Any ideas? I'm now out of my warranty but when it was in for the side trim replacement i told them to check it. It wasn't that bad then so I doubted they would actually hear it and they didn't. Is this something cheaper that i can do (i have only done brakes and some shocks in other cars) or should i push for it to be fixed under a warranty since it was reported within that time period. Thanks for the help....:nervous s

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have almost the same miles on my 06. I had the front end alignment done, they will tell you if there is any problems.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Some people are having problems with their tie red ends. Have that checked out. If you have a service history with your dealer they might take care of you since you are a little out of warranty.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have also read posts where the shield has come loose underneath the engine. I am pretty sure it is plastic, and was easily connected back on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine just had tie rods, steering rack, and front brakes/rotors replaced (...at 56K). Now it's nice and quiet on rough roads again :)

I've never taken a real close look at the way the calipers are mounted on this car, but that noise you describe, and the one I was hearing, seemed more like calipers rattling a bit due to some wear in the mounting hardware. My theory seemed to be supported by the fact that holding light brake pressure on that particular section of road made the clunking stop. I could be way off base here, but the dealer did the brakes on the first visit and gave me the car back while we waited for the steering parts, and the noise was gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts