Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I am swapping all the spark plugs and coil packs on my HEMI and i noticed that the previous owner lost some of the screws that hold the coil packs in place. I ordered NGK coil packs and also noticed that they did not come with replacement screws. Does anyone know where i can find these screws to purchase? Thanks:beerchug:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response, but i checked there and they were useless. They told me to go to a hardware store and find matching screws...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
They're not available as a separate item from the coil since they're not actually supposed to come out of the holes in the coil (but we all know they do). Your options are find matching screws, see if anyone has some burned out coils they're willing to part with or go to the junkyard and see if you can find any there. If the screws are the same between the old style coils (03-05) and the newer style (06+) I might have some laying around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They're not available as a separate item from the coil since they're not actually supposed to come out of the holes in the coil (but we all know they do). Your options are find matching screws, see if anyone has some burned out coils they're willing to part with or go to the junkyard and see if you can find any there. If the screws are the same between the old style coils (03-05) and the newer style (06+) I might have some laying around.

Going to the junkyard was going to be my last resort. But seeing that it may be my only option (other than matching up screws at a hardware store), I will just wait for it to stop raining here an see what the junkers are working with. In the meantime i will see if anyone is parting out on here. The 05 coils have two screws but i'm also not sure if they match up. But if you do happen to have some that you have no use for, i will definitely pay you for them. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the response, but i checked there and they were useless. They told me to go to a hardware store and find matching screws...

I rescind this previous statement. In my frustration i said these men were useless. There has been many times where they have helped me and been there in my times of need. I apologize for sounding rash and unappreciative.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You could find what you need at a hardware store. If you're wanting what the vehicle had on them, hit the junkyard. Most of the time they won't charge you for some bolts, or it'll be just a few bucks for them. Ordering from the dealer will cost you a lot. They're very proud of their parts.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
They told me to go to a hardware store and find matching screws...
That's where I go for auto and motorcycle fasteners. If you have a ACE Hardware (even better if it's a ACE Superstore) they will have a section with a gazillion different fasteners. The ACE that I go to has a section devoted to auto fasteners. They don't always have the factory equivalent part & then I go the dealership. If they do have the factory equivalent part it's cheaper than the dealership. For motorcycles the price difference is significant.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Going to the junkyard was going to be my last resort. But seeing that it may be my only option (other than matching up screws at a hardware store), I will just wait for it to stop raining here an see what the junkers are working with. In the meantime i will see if anyone is parting out on here. The 05 coils have two screws but i'm also not sure if they match up. But if you do happen to have some that you have no use for, i will definitely pay you for them. Thanks
You my friend, lucked out. Same size, same thread, same 10mm head. Only difference is the newer ones (on the left) have a little nipple on the end, probably to make it easier to find the hole (for those who have trouble finding the hole LMAO). Thread length is even the same. How many you need?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You my friend, lucked out. Same size, same thread, same 10mm head. Only difference is the newer ones (on the left) have a little nipple on the end, probably to make it easier to find the hole (for those who have trouble finding the hole LMAO). Thread length is even the same. How many you need?

It's a good thing you have the kind of hole finding bolts i"m used to.:grin2: Just two kind sir. Thank you for looking into it for me. The weather actually let up today and i ended up going to the pick a part. They had chargers but no Hemis. The V6 coil bolts are shorter and do not match up. What is the best way to communicate for shipping and payment?

·
Registered
648 Posts

It's a good thing you have the kind of hole finding bolts i"m used to.:grin2: Just two kind sir. Thank you for looking into it for me. The weather actually let up today and i ended up going to the pick a part. They had chargers but no Hemis. The V6 coil bolts are shorter and do not match up. What is the best way to communicate for shipping and payment?
Nipple on the end saves time at the factory with the air wrench.

A bolt is a bolt if threads and length are same.
Charger is not a "collectible".

A person will not get one resale dollar more by treating it like a collectible.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Nipple on the end saves time at the factory with the air wrench.

A bolt is a bolt if threads and length are same.
Charger is not a "collectible".

A person will not get one resale dollar more by treating it like a collectible.
1. Maybe, but then how do you explain the previous years? Do you really think someone uses an air wrench (even in an assembly line) for a fastener that small?
2. True
3. Who said it was?
4. Who said they were?

Or were you just that bored with a giant hair up your ass lol?

·
Registered
648 Posts
1. Maybe, but then how do you explain the previous years? Do you really think someone uses an air wrench (even in an assembly line) for a fastener that small?
2. True
3. Who said it was?
4. Who said they were?

Or were you just that bored with a giant hair up your ass lol?

An air wrench is not an impact wrench.

Believe what you want. I don't have to prove anything.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
An air wrench is not an impact wrench.

Believe what you want. I don't have to prove anything.
Nuh uh! An air wrench is not the same thing as an impact gun?? No way!!!
You're right; I believe you have proven you're either drunk, high, off your meds or a combo of the three
Nothing you've said here tonight really has anything to do with the topic at hand. But I do hope it made you feel better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts