Charger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all, need some assistance with this one. I own a 3.5 V6 from 2006, stock everything with 100 000 mi. I bought the car with a CEL light on and a p0300 and p0302 code meaning it was most certainly an old spark plug. Aside from that, the car ran smooth and fast, no issues.

I went ahead and changed the spark plugs, changed the ignition coils, and then had to change the seal on the EGR hose into the manifold because there was a vacuum leak. Only after that, the car ran worse than it had before, so I bring it to the mechanic who changes the spark plugs again and puts in a new head gasket. He tells me the scanner has been on the car for hours, no misfires whatsoever. Not 20 minutes after driving away, CEL is back on, car is shaking again and idling a bit rough.

Symptoms right now are: Car shakes when I hit highway speeds, idles at 600rpm which is ok, but is a bit shaky (though isn't in danger of stalling), it has a considerable lack of power, none of the pick-up it used to have, and the Check engine light is on with a p0300 code appearing. There are no other codes than p0300 and it has been like this for about a week now.

I am hoping to be able to bring it to the dealer very soon but with work and everything, I really don't have much time.

Has anyone had anything like this?

Thanks in advance for any replies, I really appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts