Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas, im havin trouble finding out why my transmission wont shift after sitting over night for the first 10 minutes of driving, even when its 95 degrees out.

I start the car in the morning and i immediately hear the cooling fans going 100 miles an hour and i know im gunna have problems, i drive off and it will keep reving, i use the slap shifter to go to 2nd witch is clunky, and then to 3rd but i cant slap into 4th. as soon as i touch the gas its downshifts hard and jerks violently. i continue to slap back up to 3rd and i hold the gas as steady as possible at about 60km/h to avoid the violent downshift and after about 10 minutes it will catch 4th gear and be fine the rest of the day, sometimes if it sits for 7 hrs or more it will do it again that day but never as bad as in the morning! This problems happens every single morning! please let me know if you guys have a similar problems and the fix to the issue, its much appreciated!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd get the transmission fluid checked. It'll expand as it gets warmer which may explain why it runs better after some time. It could also be a hydraulic leak in the tranny if it has been overheated (warped valvebody) ... my son had this happen in his 06, though his issue had more to do with stalling than shifting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts