Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Call JG, and ask him what he recommends.

Don

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have the heads cut .030 while they are off the stock pushrods will work - this will also bump your compression by almost a full point and that will give you more power too - a win win

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
2,953 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stealing that!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are they the same lmao idk this is my first rebuild
They unfucked the lifter for 2015 after cheaping out on the rollers after the 6.1 production ended. Just so happened to coincide with the intro of the Hellcat engine. Same part number, only thing that makes it a Hellcat lifter is if it is installed in a Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Even with the "updated" lifter, the lifter issue continues to present. Similar to the "updated" 3.6L engine, the rocker arm issue for them continues to appear. Both updates were in '16. It bears repeating, to stay away from Enginetech lifters. OEM is the safest bet.

Don

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
2,953 Posts
So I'm thinking about purchasing this jays green com cam 214/224 and install hellcat lifters. My question is will the stock pushrods hold up?
No, they'll be wrong length. Aftermarket pre-VVT cams are based on the 6.1 cam base circle. Get a set of 6.1 intake & exhaust pushrods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts