Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger SXT that holds horrifying secrets as I repair it :)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
So I started losing a bit of power on my 06 charger sxt I got 2nd hand about a year ago, so I went to inspect my intake filter and found a rather amusing and horrible thing done by the previous owner.. I believe it used to be an aftermarket cheapo parking sensor module, but why he installed it in the air box is beyond me.. Please don't do such things :LOL:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

That is one of the oddest things I have seen in an airbox. I've seen dead rats in them before but not a electronic box with wires.

Almost looks like an explosive device. Didn't you see the wire coming out of the airbox during the year you owned it and question what it was?

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That's one of those fancy electronic pre-filters... rinse it off and leave it in there ;)

Reactions: Fuzzky and POWERMAN

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger SXT that holds horrifying secrets as I repair it :)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

That is one of the oddest things I have seen in an airbox. I've seen dead rats in them before but not a electronic box with wires.

Almost looks like an explosive device. Didn't you see the wire coming out of the airbox during the year you owned it and question what it was?
My brother drove the car for a while before I took it off his hands, so I never actually looked inside the filter box, plus the wiring was tucked inside. Just now as I went through every little thing under the hood I noticed it! It actually turned out to be an aftermarket front parking sensor control box.. But I've never heard a single chirp from it ever since I started driving the car :unsure: so I assume it never really worked im the first place. I ended up throwing it out of there and replacing the filter as I intended to. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
So there was no air filter?

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
So there was no air filter?
I wonder what the oil was like with all those dust particles in there..
Does dust score the internals as well or are the cylinder walls resilient enough to withstand scratches (assuming blowby)?
And does dust/sand combust or will it cause misfires?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts