Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, First of all I installed Halos before I painted my 06 Charger rt. Everything worked fine up until my battery died. After I charged the battery my key fob, dome light, locks etc Do not work when the car is off. The only thing that works is the secondary cigar lighter in centre console, and halos (which are led and run off that accessory wire). Again this all worked for days before battery died. Now when the key is turned to the ACC positionI have NOTHING, when I turn the car on, the radio, locks, dome all work! When I open a door I can only unlock the door but will not lock unless door is closed ( either one). It sounds like it needs a reprogram, but I don't see how that has completely shut off all my power without a key engaged.:confused:Does anyone have any idea what the hell happened!?!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just a suggestion. Have your alternator tested. The first time my alternator went out, battery had to be recharged. Days later it died again. A bad alternator will cause your car to do whacky things. Mine sounded like it had a supercharger. The lack of electricity in the system makes some of the other components not work properly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had it hooked to a battery charger, but I'm.hoping that didn't happen its weird. I'm not a master at electrical! Christ, I couldn't even figure out how to instal these resistors to my switchback led marker lights to stop it from hyperflashing!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Cntrl-Alt-Del

No clue, but a suggestion. Disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I agree with the recommendation to disconnect the negative battery cable for a couple minutes, then reconnect. If that doesn't do it, you should check the fuses and relays.

In particular, in the rear fuse block (down by the spare tire and battery), check
fuses
#1 - 60 amp - clear - Ignition off draw (IOD)
#2 - 40 amp - green - Battery
#4 - 40 amp - green - Battery
#8 - 15 amp - dk blue - Ignition start/run - start

circuit breakers
#13 - 30 amp - silver circuit breaker - door module/run/acc/delay (you can swap this one with #11 or #12 as a test)

relays
#21 - relay - run (you can swap this with #22 as a test)
#23 - relay - accessory delay (you can swap this with #22 as a test)
#35 - 5 amp - orange - Power Antenna/Garage Door Opener/Ignition Delay

This diagram shows their locations:

And here's a pretty picture

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I tested all fuses... Relays... And disconnected battery for a bit. All fuses are good but still no initial power... Horn doesn't even work without the key turned on! NOW even though the halos did work flawlessly before the battery died I'm still considering the wiring to a 12v power cord. Tap could be the issue. Now my rear halos keep popping a fuse when turned on. Those were connected to the same power cord. The fronts are on ( both with two kill switches ) this is also the ONLY power I have going on in the car without a key

·
Registered
632 Posts
Maybe you have a small short in the Halo wires. I have seen bare wires or split wires arc but not blow fuses and create other problems. Just a thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm taking the consoul apart later to see what the hell happened. The front flasshtech halos were easy.. all plug n play, but it's the main power cord I'm questioning now. The demon eyes are not led, they're the glass tubes. Those are the ones that keep popping the fuse when I click the switch too. And now I'm noticing that when the car is running and if i had the halos on, the blue leds on one of the four rings shines brighter... They are hooked up to resistors but I think this no power is messing regular draws all over now... She still runs strong at least, bit I really don't want to push it until I find this needle in a haystack

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Would be good to see how you wired these in, including where you got power from, how it's connected, activation relay, etc.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
If you hooked it to a battery charger while it was still connected to the car, that can cause problems all the way to the PCM. If you have AAC's CCFL check the voltage regulators to make sure they did not burn up. From what I saw when I ordered a whole car set, the quality control was lacking. I had one that looked like it had burned and someone tried to fix it and several were not sealed. I tossed them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok my halos are led in the front and ccfl demon eyes in rear. Both with correct working resistors. Both were wired by my buddy's dad who wires lights for state police cars here. He wired both to the center 12v assessory wire with individual kill switches. It was used there for the guarantee that it will NOT mess with the CPU iif it ever surged or what have you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PROBLEM FIXED!!!! Due to the battery dying the car had to be reprogrammed at the dealer but before that the writing harness inder the TIPM (fuse box under hood) had to be cleaned off because the wires at the connecting points were gunned up with corrosion! Easy fix!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts