Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 06 charger daytona r/t in go mango. it has 68k miles on it and the dealership is selling it for $16k. how good of a deal do yall think this is. the only downside is it doesnt have the factory GPS and that is something i want to have and im told id have to get a new bezel but with it being an 06 i cant put on an 08 bezel for the newest mygig/gps right? what are some ways around this as the daytonas have the special bezel. and again yall think this is a good deal?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hmm, too high of mileage for my liking. What is the price range of a Charger that you can afford? You should be able to find a newer Daytona with lower milage and the options that you want.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant afford much only around 17k

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I am looking at a 06 charger daytona r/t in go mango. it has 68k miles on it and the dealership is selling it for $16k. how good of a deal do yall think this is. the only downside is it doesnt have the factory GPS and that is something i want to have and im told id have to get a new bezel but with it being an 06 i cant put on an 08 bezel for the newest mygig/gps right? what are some ways around this as the daytonas have the special bezel. and again yall think this is a good deal?
Based on what Carmax is selling them for, it seems like a fair price for what it is. 68K miles is a little high, but on an '06 that means a lot of highway miles (which ain't a bad thing). A lot of Charger owners here have waaay more miles than that and are still going strong. (I have 55K miles on mine and it's still like the same beast it was when new)

You can get the NAV system that was made for that model (like I have) and replace the bezel with the right part from Dodge. It's not the latest MyGig system but it's still pretty nice.

And at the end of the day it's a Mango Daytona...and that's pretty sweet.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats what i was thinking and my wife wants a unique car so i said that but she doesnt like the paint. another question brembo brakes what models are they standard on i know the SRT8 but R/T also or is that a special?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
ya thats what i was thinking and my wife wants a unique car so i said that but she doesnt like the paint. another question brembo brakes what models are they standard on i know the SRT8 but R/T also or is that a special?
Brembo is only available on the SRT-8. On any other Charger, aftermarket is the only way to get them.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well I bought my Daytona for 18K with 46 thousand on it so that price seems about right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i dunno to me that seems a little high, i just bought an 06 r/t r&t 37k miles for 18.. from a stealership maybe its my area that its a little lower in price

·
Registered
366 Posts
Seems like a good price to me. Kelly's Blue Book Value is $20,000 for Excelllent condition.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have 36k and would not sell it for $17k. Hopefully that tells you I am very pleased with it and that might be a good deal. Make sure the wife can handle the attention it will get before you decide.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so the wife REFUSES to get a go mango daytona, she now INSISTS that i HAVE to get a plum crazy daytona. is this an acceptable car for a mans daily driver? no offense to anyone who has one its just odd to see it. and the caps are emphasis not yelling

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
ok so the wife REFUSES to get a go mango daytona, she now INSISTS that i HAVE to get a plum crazy daytona. is this an acceptable car for a mans daily driver? no offense to anyone who has one its just odd to see it. and the caps are emphasis not yelling
Dude, Plum Crazy is awesome! I had a 1970 Plum Crazy SuperBee and I loved it!

Man's daily driver? Yeah man!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol ya i woulnt mind a 1970 plum crazy charger they are great. ok well look at that one instead of my go mango :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 36k and would not sell it for $17k. Hopefully that tells you I am very pleased with it and that might be a good deal. Make sure the wife can handle the attention it will get before you decide.
I paid $23,750 for mine with 15K on her from The original owner. She was 2 at time I brought her home. LOL gee ya think i might have a love affair for my GMG???:driving:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hmm, too high of mileage for my liking. What is the price range of a Charger that you can afford? You should be able to find a newer Daytona with lower milage and the options that you want.

What he said!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nothing wrong with plum crazy, it will gain attention in a good way, as with all Daytona's.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
BTW, where is Kessler AFB?

If your not in the woods like myself, you should look around for the Daytona you want with the options you want. $17 should land you a nice one!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nothing wrong with the PlumCrazy for a guy. There was a rumour for a while that they were going to release a PinkPanther Daytona and that would have been the only one guys should have stayed away from (though I would have bought one for my wife right away!).

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Plum Crazy is very cool and good Man's Muscle car!

Plum Crazy SRT would be really cool.... if you can bump your budget there is a REALLY nice one on the forum for sale....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keesler AFB is in biloxi mississippi, so ya in the woods. ok ill look around thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts