Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 5.7 complete motor. It has only 16,800 miles on it,comes with Stu's Inertia performance heads and a Spartan cam on a 113+4. Heads have the 6.1 valve springs and 6.1 push rods. Cam and heads only have around 7,000 miles on them. Also has ported Srt-8 exhaust manifolds and a BT egr block off plate but still have the egr that comes with motor. Spark plugs are semi new around 1,000 miles on them(Ngk 4306). Price is $4,000 FIRM + buyer pays to ship. Also I have never shipped a complete motor so bare with me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Wow, great deal and the engine is in great shape from what i can see in the pictures. If I had the $$ and the time to deal with an engine swap in an SE I would jump on this.

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ya how did the swap go? I am in the process of doing a swap also but I am starting to think the guy who suppose to do mine might not be able to or have 100% knowledge on doing it so I might back off

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swapping out my 5.7 to a 6.1 I just needed to shut off mds and egr with the my Predator and cover up the mds and egr connectors with electrical tape or what ever you want to use.Also the crankshaft or cam shaft sensor not sure which one its used for,could be a smaller connector then the 5.7. connector. I think 07 6.1 and above have the smaller connection for that sensor,which is located on the passenger side of the block right behind your starter. Other then that It fits in just like the 5.7 did.:)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Swapping out my 5.7 to a 6.1 I just needed to shut off mds and egr with the my Predator and cover up the mds and egr connectors with electrical tape or what ever you want to use.Also the crankshaft or cam shaft sensor not sure which one its used for,could be a smaller connector then the 5.7. connector. I think 07 6.1 and above have the smaller connection for that sensor,which is located on the passenger side of the block right behind your starter. Other then that It fits in just like the 5.7 did.:)
Are you saying that other than the cam or crankshaft sensor connector, most of the wiring harnesses are just plug and play? If so, that's awesome. Do you know if it will pass a smog test in Cali? Sorry to jack your for sale thread, but I've been curious how a 5.7 to 6.1 swap would work in Calif -- plus this is a bump. :beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts