Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to know if i have a chance. He has the 6.0 and only mod is K&N air filter. just check my sig for my mods. Thanks. going to the track next month to settle this.............

·
Registered
928 Posts
close race. I would lean towards him if he knows how to drive.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
at the track you can poss beat him with the mods you have...If his car is stick its gonna be a drivers race...Id put the stock rear wheels back on it and run it...make sure your engine temp is low when you run him...and make sure you leave when that third amber lights...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
id also take the sub box out...and go with as little fuel as possible...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If he's got a manual and knows how to drive you dont' have much of a chance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You are doing it the right way - that is taking it to the track. Have fun with it but don't race for pinks.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
MagnesiumPearlR/t said the exact stuff i was going to.

definitely put the stock wheels back on, take out sub box, take out spare tire, jack, and spare tire compartment cover, have less than half a tank of gas. u have a chance, but those things are REALLY fast i test drove one with automatic transmission when they first came out and i was impressed with the speed (that was the only thing). the 6.0's have 400 hp and they're light, but if u get a jump on him then u should have a chance.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You will get beat 9 outta 10
I got a chance to play with a 6.0 for about 7 miles on the highway and everytime he just kept pulling (my N20 bottle was closed). I even left before the 3rd honk 1 of the times and he just ran me down and drove around me..

Not sure if he was modded though..

You have more mods then I so you will prob give a better run.. But who cares if you think you will lose.. Run it anyway.. in a safe location...

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
6.0 will most likely wreck you, easy. 5.7 you'll have a fighting chance...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know what ya'll are thinking, the silverstars add about 75 horses at the wheel, and the tint drops at least a whole second off the 1/4 mile. My prediction. 5.7 345hp R/T 4 wins 10 seconds to the 6.0 400+ GTO 13 seconds.

Disclaimer * For those who do not understand sarcasim/just kidding around disregard my last.

Now on a serious note: 5.7 345Hp, 390lbstorque + CAI & tunerchip, 4100lbs. 6.0 400hp, 400lbs torque + CAI 3700lbs... Just looking at the stats I would have to say that more than likely for about the first 1/8 mile it will be nose to nose depending on who gets the better launch, but the last 1/8 mile, the GTO will pull out and win by about 1 second.

Reece

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont have my stock tires. but when i go to the track im gonna take everything i can out of the car. Have about 1/4 tank of gas. how can i get the best time...run my no esp mod ? put it in 1st gear or auto? thanks for the info......

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think you're in trouble. He has more HP and he's lighter. Have fun with it and Get the hole shot.... maybe he'll mess up a shift.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
he is going to EAT YOU ALIVE!! Anyone on here thinking it's a driver's race is wrong. The only way you will win is if he messes up BAD!!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i dont have my stock tires. but when i go to the track im gonna take everything i can out of the car. Have about 1/4 tank of gas. how can i get the best time...run my no esp mod ? put it in 1st gear or auto? thanks for the info......
put it in D and mash it...run with esp half off...and dont let these negative replies scare you...run his A$$ and have fun doing it at the track no matter what the outcome...remember hes lighter with more ponies...but you have four doors and are heavier and can still keep up soooooooo....give him a run you might be surprised:grin: :grin: :grin: ...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
put it in D and mash it...run with esp half off...and dont let these negative replies scare you...run his A$$ and have fun doing it at the track no matter what the outcome...remember hes lighter with more ponies...but you have four doors and are heavier and can still keep up soooooooo....give him a run you might be surprised:grin: :grin: :grin: ...
You forgot to mention to hope the GTO misshifts into 3rd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure what you guys consider light. I had the 04 GTO and it weighed in at about 4200 lbs. For its size it is pretty heafty if you ask me. Designed to endure Ausie roads so they say. I think they ran the 06 against the SRT Charger and the race was very close.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts