Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these times for the 2.7?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
My brain says 0-60 11 sec, slower than your moms minivan.........I could be wrong, but I remember reading 11 seconds somewhere. My brain is fried BTW.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think it is like 3 or 4 days. Or maybe weeks. :grin:

Sorry to say also 2.7 are the worst motor Dodge has ever made.:dead:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I think it is like 3 or 4 days. Or maybe weeks. :grin:

Sorry to say also 2.7 are the worst motor Dodge has ever made.:dead:

If your not gonna help, or answer, or add something productive, you should shut the F up:nervous s

I'd estimate around 8 secs too

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
There was a video around here a couple of weeks ago showing the speedo of a V6 Charger going 0-60 in about 11-12 seconds.

The video title said Charger SXT but most of us thought it was really an SE model with the 2.7

·
Registered
122 Posts
If your not gonna help, or answer, or add something productive, you should shut the F up:nervous s

I'd estimate around 8 secs too
I was just being a little funny about the time it is about 8 to 11 secs.

But the 2.7 is the worst motor dodge has. Lots of problems with the mains going out.

So you shut the f up :knockout:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I will get alot of jokes on this thread but I was really serious. Sorry guys and gals I just couldnt afford anything else. At least I still have a charger.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I was just being a little funny about the time it is about 8 to 11 secs.

But the 2.7 is the worst motor dodge has. Lots of problems with the mains going out.

So you shut the f up :knockout:
Alright guys this needs to stop...you made a joke...it was funny...but not to the person whom was asking the question...So lets end this. We all are under the LX. LX unite...go power rangers go...umm im tired...

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Hey, don't let those guys get you down. I have the SXT with the 3.5, but it's still a V6, so yea, we get a little grief sometimes. You know what? Who cares, it's still a Charger! I love mine, but I didn't get it to run 1/4 mi's with.

I'm sure some of the guys here can give you good info., just be patient.

Congrats on the Charger! :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I would estimate on level ground it's about 9 seconds, maybe more. No way is it 11. I have owned cars that slow ('88 LeBaron, '77 Granada) and the 2.7L LX cars are much faster than that.

I have looked everywhere and can't find any info. Take your car to the 1/4 mile track and you can at least figure that part out, and get some idea what the 0-60 is based on your timeslip.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know I will get alot of jokes on this thread but I was really serious. Sorry guys and gals I just couldnt afford anything else. At least I still have a charger.
Yes you do have a Charger one of the good cars out there, sorry to say what i said, not making fun of you at all.

It just is that I have not heard anything good about the 2.7 from one of my mechanic freinds. He has put 5 or 6 new 2.7 in intrepides and 300s over the past few years and he hates them. I just hope you have good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
it would proablably take what a srt8 could do in 1/8 of mile lol

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
iv drivin a rental 2.7
i had no complaints it was slow, but not horribly slow that i couldnt stand it
it did really good on gas too

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Does anyone have these times for the 2.7?
They can go 60 MPH? LOL, just kidding, but I am sure it takes way too long. The 3.5's do it in the 8s so I would guess it would be in the 10s or 11s.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
My brain says 0-60 11 sec, slower than your moms minivan.........I could be wrong, but I remember reading 11 seconds somewhere. My brain is fried BTW.
My parent's mini van does it in 12. I've done it before. And it is a 4 cylinder mini van.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Dont apologize for your thread or for only being able to afford the 2.7....
Enjoy the ride and take care of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i posted this in the wrong thread hehe... but i meant to say it here:

ever wondered why most cars will hold second gear til about 64 mph? it should be obvious now with euro cars have a 0-62 mph time rather than 60, they wanna drag your lowest gear just over that so they can put a better time on the spec sheets rather than loose a lil bit of accel right at a shift.

random side note.

continue flaming the small engines

1 - 20 of 39 Posts