Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so. i got bored today on lunch and bought a stop watch at the sportin goods store. mostly cuz i had spotted this 1/8 miles(ish) strip of new pavement on a backroad near a plant 1 minute from my office. for fun i did a couple of runs.

not gonna be the MOST accurate times with a handheld stopwatch but.
i got a 6.9 and like a couple 7.2's or so.
is that f***ed up or what?

my car thermo read 95* outside. the engine was a 222* (part of the problem , i had just been driving to lunch and back...but still)

according to weather.com it is 90* out, with a 98* heat index(garbage i say its gotta be more.... w/e) and 69% relative humidty.

is that not disgusting or what? makes me want to cry. ima wait til i get home and cooler her off and make some runs at night, or wait til the end of work and hit that strip again once the car is cool(er). and ill post up how it compares.

stupid post maybe? but i was stunned that it is THAT slow.. 7 seconds.. 7 seconds?!?!?!?

okokokok. ill stop trolling these boards now and do some work!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I bought a stop watch watch a few months ago to test how accurate my SC timer was. Most of the time I can hit 5.5 to 5.7 no problem with my SC timing me. But when I timed my self with a stop watch, the best I could do is 6.2. I trust the SC more than my self starting and stopping a stop watch. The SC reads almost exactly what I run at the track for 1/4 mile. You have to take reaction time into account.

I think the temp will effect your times too. When we had that heat wave a few weeks ago, I did a few 0-60s with my SC and at best I got low 6's. When normally I do mid to upper 5's on a 70 degree day.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The agony of living in Houston. High Heat and High Humidity.

www.SpaceCityLX.com If you have not registered yet, for the Houston Area LX car club.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i know reaction time is factored in, but even then, it just makes me sick :(

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yes, but no snow or salt to ruin our cars. I'll take the heat.:grin:
I will take the heat over snow and salty roads anyday. Plus we do not have to winterize our cars and no need for a second set of "winter" wheels.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Reaction time is NOT factored into 0-60 times. The timer starts when the car moves. Heat is a biotch but like said...NO SALT OR SNOW on the roads. Doen here closer to the coast we have chemical plants and beachs tho.

Scott

·
Registered
230 Posts
the timer actually doesn't start until you get past a roll. I've sat there and rolled 20 feet before pushing on the gas and it still hadn't started yet.

Oh, and Dallas heat is just as disgusting. I bought my SRT8 in July and I gotta tell you, these low 5 sec 60s are killing me. I need to get the 180 t-stat, fan mod, predator, and january weather. Maybe we'll break 4 secs, lol.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reaction time does count when your using a hand held stop watch, if youd read the post..... but that would be logical now wouldnt it? what am i thinking.

Oh, and Dallas heat is just as disgusting. I bought my SRT8 in July and I gotta tell you, these low 5 sec 60s are killing me. I need to get the 180 t-stat, fan mod, predator, and january weather. Maybe we'll break 4 secs, lol.
lol is right, i dont think ud have a chance ;) u need a lil bit more than a predator

and no. dallas isnt hot in comparison. i can goto college station which is an hour from houston, not 3.5 and more west than north.. and see dramatic changes.

sorry to burst yalls bubbleszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just tried this nice feature of the 0 to 60 times a couple days ago 65 degrees last Sunday-5.72, but on the way home from work today I had a 6.78. The weather does make a huge difference.
Randy

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have run my MagSRT (JBA exhaust only mod) at the track here in Houston in both extreme summer heat and humidty and also during our 30 days of winter temps we get here,lol.

Summer (heat index of 115 degree and 75% humidity).

13.5 was the fastest I could run the 1/4.

Winter (65-40 degrees and 30% humidity)

13.04 was my best time. If I didn't weigh 300lbs, I bet I could have broke 12.99 that day, LOL.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im a skinny ass white boy at 150 lbs. with uber skinny genes. im the guy you love to hate. ill get you that 12 sec. if you teach me how to get better at launching :)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
im a skinny ass white boy at 150 lbs. with uber skinny genes. im the guy you love to hate. ill get you that 12 sec. if you teach me how to get better at launching :)
I weigh double what you do, and I ran a 13.7 in my r/t. I need you to take my car down the track

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Let me drive it Mark - I`ll get ya in the 12s - lolololol

Scott
Funny Scott. I could have had BO drive my Magnum that day and indeed gotten in the 12's. But I look at it as the times should only count with the owner in the car. If I am on the street and run, I know what my times should be, with my weight.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Space City LX's November M&G will be a track day. I will help/teach you the basic fundamentals of running the 1/4 and how to better launch your beast.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well then. how can i turn down such an offer? by that time i should have my headers too :D
time to get out that scuff on my bumper so i dont look so embarassing before out there then eh? mods vs fixing scuff. im so lost!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Well then. how can i turn down such an offer? by that time i should have my headers too :D
time to get out that scuff on my bumper so i dont look so embarassing before out there then eh? mods vs fixing scuff. im so lost!
I say go for mods and fix the scuff later. A scuff can add character to the car. If you get tired of looking at the scuff later on, then you can fix it then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.