Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forums. Just ordered a Borla 125 exhaust as my first mod. I was wondering, what are you guys using to test your 0-60 times. Someone mentioned that some chargers with the upgraded electronics have it built into the instrument cluster but I dont know if thats true. My R/T doesnt have the upgraded electronics.

·
Registered
928 Posts
get two tin cans, measure out like 200 feet of string, tie the cans together with the string.

then get in your car, give a friend with a stopwatch the other end, then punch it and yell into the can for him to stop the watch when you hit 60.

or you could get a super chips/diablo or dashawk..... but thats much more expensive.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cans thing sounds pretty fun actually. Ok so it isnt a factory installed function that is mainly what I was looking for. How does the Diablo work?

·
Registered
641 Posts
currently running 2.045 with resinators cut off, k & n intake and Jet1 chip.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My 07 has the EVIC electronics so that is what I use. But Superchips has recently added a Data Acquisition package to the Flashpaq tuner that I haven't had a chance to play with yet. It is supposed to do distance timing from 60' to 1/4 mile, and also zero to whatever (0-60,0-100,etc) speed timing. So if you have a Superchips tuner, you can use it.

Best 0-60 so far is 5.48 on a cool night, that was with the stock tune.

Ran a 5.68 the other day with the 87 SuperChips tune, on an 81* day, and a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so does your charger have to be equipped with evic in order to have something like that? mine doesnt so am i out of luck?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
so does your charger have to be equipped with evic in order to have something like that? mine doesnt so am i out of luck?
Your out of luck. You either have it or you don't. When I still had Superchips it seemed pretty accurate and my best time timming my self with that was 5.4.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
or you could get a super chips/diablo or dashawk..... but thats much more expensive.

I haven't heard anything about diablo being able to time 0-60s?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have the EVIC, my best is only 5.28, only have a CAI. so far.
The best way to see if you have it, is press the compass button and music button on your steering wheel at the sametime. Hold for about 10 seconds and you'll find out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
well diablo has data acquisition so im assuming it can do it too.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have the EVIC, my best is only 5.28, only have a CAI. so far.
The best way to see if you have it, is press the compass button and music button on your steering wheel at the sametime. Hold for about 10 seconds and you'll find out.
5.2 with just CAI? Were you going down a hill? That is about what an SRT does it in.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I did 5.2 with just a CAI too, which if you ask me is just about as perfect as you can get out for the 5.7. an SRT will be well under 5 with a good launch, 4.6 if I remember from other posts (dont quote me on the exact number though).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.