Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still trying to locate that one. There was a thread on this ahile ago and I don't think we ever got a definitive answer on it. But people were saying hi 7's.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
cbenn126 said:
Still trying to locate that one. There was a thread on this ahile ago and I don't think we ever got a definitive answer on it. But people were saying hi 7's.
That slow? The R/T is high fives...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My money would be on low-mid 7s. My Lincoln weighs the same as a V6 Charger, has similar power (252 HP/267 tq) and very similar but slightly better gearing, and runs very high 6es based on my timeslips.

Charger should be pretty close.

·
Registered
322 Posts
.....I found this Estimated time......

From a AutoWeek article dated 1/05: http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101607

2006 DODGE CHARGER
ON SALE: Spring
BASE PRICE: $26,000 (est.)
POWERTRAIN: 3.5-liter, 250-hp, 250-lb-ft V6; rwd, five-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 3800 lbs (est.)
0 to 60 MPH: 7.5 seconds (est.)

I bought the Charger SE, last week, but have not timed the actual acceleration yet - maybe after a few more weeks.

Brian T.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would imagine mid to high 7's. The Charger is a heavy car, even with 250hp in the SE and SXT, it's gonna take every one of those ponies to hit the mid 7's. Personally, I feel the SE and SXT Chargers are awesome deals. Especially the SE. Has decent power with the 3.5 V-6, decent gas mileage, and a ton of features for a great price. I think Dodge marketing needs to push the value, of the SE and SXT more, because I'm willing to bet a lot of people don't realize just how much car you can get for the money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am afraid anyone expecting 7s is going to be very disappointed; I have read reports that mentioned 9.3 while comparing the SE to a Ford 500 at about mid 8s. It is very hard to believe it requires 9.3 for the SE AND that the 500 would cut an 8.5. I have done only one test with mine and not using the autostick feature and it was about a 9 plus. All along I had felt I would have been delighted with a mid 8, but it may not do that, time will tell. Seems I recall in the one test I made it ran up to about 45 mph in 1st before changing to 2nd; that might be improved by using the AS and causing it to change at about 30-35 mph.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Moparitis said:
I am afraid anyone expecting 7s is going to be very disappointed; I have read reports that mentioned 9.3 while comparing the SE to a Ford 500 at about mid 8s. It is very hard to believe it requires 9.3 for the SE AND that the 500 would cut an 8.5. I have done only one test with mine and not using the autostick feature and it was about a 9 plus. All along I had felt I would have been delighted with a mid 8, but it may not do that, time will tell. Seems I recall in the one test I made it ran up to about 45 mph in 1st before changing to 2nd; that might be improved by using the AS and causing it to change at about 30-35 mph.
There is no way that is true. The numbers don't just add up, plus I have driven a few V6 Chargers and they are much faster than that. I think 7.5 is very realistic, but maybe even faster. Like I said, my Lincoln is very similar in both power and weight and does 0-60 in under 7.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
could the SE mentioned have the fleet 2.7L engine and the normal 3.5L engine?

just a thought...

-George

·
Registered
474 Posts
I definitely think the V-6 versions will be quicker than 9 seconds. I just can't see that happening. It's possible, but I sure hope not. And The Charger only comes with the 3.5 V-6 as the base engine, the 2.7 isn't even offerred.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Big Country said:
I definitely think the V-6 versions will be quicker than 9 seconds. I just can't see that happening. It's possible, but I sure hope not. And The Charger only comes with the 3.5 V-6 as the base engine, the 2.7 isn't even offerred.
Not to the general public, but rental car fleets get the 2.7 and I'm sure thats the times he got(moporitis). the 300 touring runs high sevens with the 4 speed auto, so I'm thinking mid to low 7's with the 5-speed...

·
Registered
15 Posts
As I said in a previous post, it is hard to believe the 500 will go 8.5 and even harder to believe the SE will not break the 9s.
I have been thunking today,;-), wouldn't be nice if the acceleration aspects were a part of the auto electronics; a read out and record of the Gs, or part thereof, ET and MPH after traveling 1/4, time to reach 60 mph etc.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I would imagine mid to high 7's. The Charger is a heavy car, even with 250hp in the SE and SXT, it's gonna take every one of those ponies to hit the mid 7's. Personally, I feel the SE and SXT Chargers are awesome deals. Especially the SE. Has decent power with the 3.5 V-6, decent gas mileage, and a ton of features for a great price. I think Dodge marketing needs to push the value, of the SE and SXT more, because I'm willing to bet a lot of people don't realize just how much car you can get for the money.
yes, some magazines and internet articles said mid or high 7´s.

yes, v6 charger has decent power with the v6 3.5, but not very decent gas millage. The difference between the 3.5 HO and the hemi is very tiny, I don´t have a heavy foot (not hard driver because the gas prices) so, the difference between my 3.5 and my 5.7 is very tiny... but yes, I love my v6 as I love my hemi!!! awesome cars!

·
Registered
520 Posts
yes, some magazines and internet articles said mid or high 7´s.

yes, v6 charger has decent power with the v6 3.5, but not very decent gas millage. The difference between the 3.5 HO and the hemi is very tiny, I don´t have a heavy foot (not hard driver because the gas prices) so, the difference between my 3.5 and my 5.7 is very tiny... but yes, I love my v6 as I love my hemi!!! awesome cars!
My 3.5 gets decent gas mileage, about 24mpg.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 3.5 gets decent gas mileage, about 24mpg.
i only get like 19mpg around the city but i guess i have a heavy foot.

and my best guess would be low 7s (with a 5 speed), the 3.5l has a crappy low end but once i get about 3500rpm some power finally gets me moving

i had a 4.0L Jeep Cherokee, it got to 60 in under 8 sec. and the charger definitely feels a lil quicker, but not much

·
Registered
17 Posts
all i have done different to the car is a AFE stage II CAI and an OEM Mopar srt 8 exhaust system, and mobile 1 fully synthetic oil....all this got me 0-60mph in 6.5secs with the msd dashhawk 13100

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Here are the 0-60 mph numbers as determined by the Michigan State Police Test (source: allpar.com).

V6 Charger (3.5L)
2006 8.9 sec
2008 8.5 sec

Hemi Charger (5.7L)
2006 6.5 sec
2008 5.9 sec

Here's the link http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger-police-testing.html

And in case you were wondering...

SRT-8 (6.1L)
2006 5.0 sec

(also from allpar.com)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Here are the 0-60 mph numbers as determined by the Michigan State Police Test (source: allpar.com).

V6 Charger (3.5L)
2006 8.9 sec
2008 8.5 sec

Hemi Charger (5.7L)
2006 6.5 sec
2008 5.9 sec

Here's the link http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger-police-testing.html
The police cars are heavier and slower.
And it wins you over on the road. It has confidence. It moves with certainty. There's nothing iffy about the steering and brakes. Even without the brawny Hemi, there is satisfying acceleration, although it's well back from the leaders of this group. The climb to 60 mph takes 7.3 seconds. A quarter-mile speed of 90 was traditionally the threshold of being a fast car. Many of today's models do better; four of this group's six meet or exceed that mark, including this 3.5-liter 300 at 15.6 seconds at 90 mph.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ts/second_place_-_chrysler_300_touring_page_7

1 - 20 of 28 Posts