Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my 18x9 Voxx rims with 275-35-18 BFG Drag Radials from Discount Tire Direct, so I decided to throw 'em on tonight for a little midnight test and tune action.

First thing I did of course was input my new tire size into the Predator so that the speedo and 0-60 timer would be accurate. Then I took her for a spin to our local proving grounds which consists of an approx. 3/4 mile long straightaway which I've verified with Google Earth to be just about perfectly flat.

For my very first run I did a small 2 second burnout to heat them up and then another practice launch to clean 'em off. I set the 0-60 timer, power braked her to 1600ish and instantly put the hammer down without any easing into the throttle. The car BOGGED off the line and then on the 1-2 shift, got a little squirrely. Of course I stayed in it and upon looking at the timer, my mind was blown... A 3.52 on my very first run with the drag radials!!! This was leaving at only 1600 and what felt to me like a definite bog! Unreal.

Next thing I wanted to do was datalog a 3rd gear pull and also look at the digital tach to see at what speed it shifts to 4th at now. I was extremely curious to see at what speed 3rd is now good for with the effective 3.43 gears. During the run, out of absolutely nowhere, the car abruptly shut off and I had to coast onto the shoulder. I instantly thought it must have been some sort of limp d!ck mode or safety mode because the computer freaked out over the much shorter tires... But nope... the engine wouldn't even start back up! I even reloaded the stock tune and it still wouldn't fire up. Then I remembered that the car was a little low on gas and despite the EVIC display showing 4 liters of fuel for each side, it still ran. Unbelievable. So I had to call a friend and by the time he came, went to my house to get the gas jug, went to get gas, etc., it was getting late so I decided to call it a night.

I really can't wait to test these drag radials out a little more. I'm sure low 3's is possible with more practice and coming out at a higher RPM. If I had to guess, I'd say the car is a 12.15 to 12.25 car right now. Pretty sick for a 4400lb station wagon that has just drag radials and a mail order tune!!! :knockout:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm wondering if that 3.52 0-60 time was nailed due to tire spin when you hit 2nd gear.
Btw, very nice 1/4 mile times

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
NICE!!! Isn't the speed sensor usually on the front wheels? So spinning in second wouldn't have any effect on the time? Either way you need to try and get video (which your capable of cuz I seen your past videos) that way no one can debate your times. I cant wait for that video!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
NICE!!! Isn't the speed sensor usually on the front wheels? So spinning in second wouldn't have any effect on the time? Either way you need to try and get video (which your capable of cuz I seen your past videos) that way no one can debate your times. I cant wait for that video!!!!
Would have thought it was taken from the tranny output shaft. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
nope, somebody one here has a thread up w/ a 0-60 of like 1.2 seconds because of wheel spin

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
nope, somebody one here has a thread up w/ a 0-60 of like 1.2 seconds because of wheel spin
Interesting.... can you post up a link? Im going to go out and do a huge burnout then :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Interesting.... Im going to go out and do a huge burnout then :D
ive blew my tires off and its keep ticking,maybe its different on a 07 but its never went faster because of spin for me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Interesting.... can you post up a link? Im going to go out and do a huge burnout then :D
See if you can get into the sub 1 sec range. You'd be in top fuel territory then.....:lol: I think somebody needs to go out and do some legitimate runs on video without relying on the EVIC. If these cars are as fast as they are showing then NEW Z06's would be fair game.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
wheel spin gave u a 3.5 sec 0 60 time

theres no way you are faster than a lamborghini sorry

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wheel spin gave u a 3.5 sec 0 60 time

theres no way you are faster than a lamborghini sorry
Lambos aren't that fast. Most of them only go mid to high 12's stock. I ran [email protected] BEFORE the drag radials, so I'm not sure what the big deal is about being faster than a Lambo?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Lambos aren't that fast. Most of them only go mid to high 12's stock. I ran [email protected] BEFORE the drag radials, so I'm not sure what the big deal is about being faster than a Lambo?
Damn you ran a 12.56 with what mods may I ask? I seen most of your posts but I haven't been following your progress lately.

I think the big deal would be... youre running damn close with a $300,000 (depending on model) supercar in a "station wagon".

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
So I finally got my 18x9 Voxx rims with 275-35-18 BFG Drag Radials from Discount Tire Direct, so I decided to throw 'em on tonight for a little midnight test and tune action.

First thing I did of course was input my new tire size into the Predator so that the speedo and 0-60 timer would be accurate. Then I took her for a spin to our local proving grounds which consists of an approx. 3/4 mile long straightaway which I've verified with Google Earth to be just about perfectly flat.

For my very first run I did a small 2 second burnout to heat them up and then another practice launch to clean 'em off. I set the 0-60 timer, power braked her to 1600ish and instantly put the hammer down without any easing into the throttle. The car BOGGED off the line and then on the 1-2 shift, got a little squirrely. Of course I stayed in it and upon looking at the timer, my mind was blown... A 3.52 on my very first run with the drag radials!!! This was leaving at only 1600 and what felt to me like a definite bog! Unreal.

Next thing I wanted to do was datalog a 3rd gear pull and also look at the digital tach to see at what speed it shifts to 4th at now. I was extremely curious to see at what speed 3rd is now good for with the effective 3.43 gears. During the run, out of absolutely nowhere, the car abruptly shut off and I had to coast onto the shoulder. I instantly thought it must have been some sort of limp d!ck mode or safety mode because the computer freaked out over the much shorter tires... But nope... the engine wouldn't even start back up! I even reloaded the stock tune and it still wouldn't fire up. Then I remembered that the car was a little low on gas and despite the EVIC display showing 4 liters of fuel for each side, it still ran. Unbelievable. So I had to call a friend and by the time he came, went to my house to get the gas jug, went to get gas, etc., it was getting late so I decided to call it a night.

I really can't wait to test these drag radials out a little more. I'm sure low 3's is possible with more practice and coming out at a higher RPM. If I had to guess, I'd say the car is a 12.15 to 12.25 car right now. Pretty sick for a 4400lb station wagon that has just drag radials and a mail order tune!!! :knockout:

Good run!! I read an article last night in Road and Track about super cars and 3 to 4 sec 0 to 60s. Maybe you should post a video from the track with a certified timing device....I'm just thinking out loud...(I think more people would believe you)

Wow......... a station wagon runnin with da Lambos..............

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn you ran a 12.56 with what mods may I ask? I seen most of your posts but I haven't been following your progress lately.

I think the big deal would be... youre running damn close with a $300,000 (depending on model) supercar in a "station wagon".
I ran 12.56 with just the Diablo tune. Car should be in the 11's next week N/A and with a bone stock 6.1L.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good run!! I read an article last night in Road and Track about super cars and 3 to 4 sec 0 to 60s. Maybe you should post a video from the track with a certified timing device....I'm just thinking out loud...(I think more people would believe you)

Wow......... a station wagon runnin with da Lambos..............
Those "super cars" don't have drag radials, nor do they launch anywhere near as hard as an SRT-8 on drag radials. They run similar or better 1/4 mile times than my SRT-8 because they trap much, much higher.

I have videos from tracks with a certified timing device. Here's one from an NHRA track:

http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/maggie/maggie_12.56.wmv

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Those "super cars" don't have drag radials, nor do they launch anywhere near as hard as an SRT-8 on drag radials. They run similar or better 1/4 mile times than my SRT-8 because they trap much, much higher.

I have videos from tracks with a certified timing device. Here's one from an NHRA track:

http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/maggie/maggie_12.56.wmv
Awesome dude, I checked out your web site and reviewed the video section - intense!!!........hey where is that video of you running in the 10's with the S4? By the way that S4 shift comparison video is too cool............(I assume Titsup-Racing.com is yours, right?)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I ran 12.56 with just the Diablo tune. Car should be in the 11's next week N/A and with a bone stock 6.1L.
Hah! common does anyone really believe that he will get into the 11's in the 1/4 mile just with a tune and drags.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hah! common does anyone really believe that he will get into the 11's in the 1/4 mile just with a tune and drags.
No sir, 12.2ish with (my own custom) tune and the drag radials. Remember, the drag radials also bring the rear axle gear ratio up from the factory 3.06 to an effective 3.43. Huge difference.

Then it'll go 11's with the converter and punching out the cats. Budget racing FTW.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome dude, I checked out your web site and reviewed the video section - intense!!!........hey where is that video of you running in the 10's with the S4? By the way that S4 shift comparison video is too cool............(I assume Titsup-Racing.com is yours, right?)
My blue S4 has only gone 13's so far but it should go 10's next time out. :lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts