Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a short strip I pass through everyday on my way to work in the mornings and finally tested out my new Dynolicious Iphone App and managed to record a 0-60 of 8.78sec!(which is pretty much on par with my stop watch)

I currently have an Ebay CAI w/ K&N Air FIlter and Diablo Predator running 93 Canned Tune w/ ACES IV(89 octane)...............don't think my Blastin Bob's exhaust provides any extra horsepower haha :biggrinjester:

I currently ALSO have 22's on it and two JL Audio 12w6 w/ a custom box. So this pretty much means my performance mods were just enough to even out the weight increase of the wheels and the system right? :(
My alignment is a little off because I am in need of a camber kit.........could this increase my acceleration by much if I get it?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It must be the ACES IV that's slowing you down. j/k
You should be at the low 8's but the 22's could be hurting you more than you think.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
It must be the ACES IV that's slowing you down. j/k
You should be at the low 8's but the 22's could be hurting you more than you think.
x2

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
22's are killing you i'm in 7's with stock set up. Being out of line is also hurting you, and yes blastin bob is still stock exhaust. You should try the throttle body from modern muscle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So there is a short strip I pass through everyday on my way to work in the mornings and finally tested out my new Dynolicious Iphone App and managed to record a 0-60 of 8.78sec!(which is pretty much on par with my stop watch)

I currently have an Ebay CAI w/ K&N Air FIlter and Diablo Predator running 93 Canned Tune w/ ACES IV(89 octane)...............don't think my Blastin Bob's exhaust provides any extra horsepower haha :biggrinjester:

I currently ALSO have 22's on it and two JL Audio 12w6 w/ a custom box. So this pretty much means my performance mods were just enough to even out the weight increase of the wheels and the system right? :(
My alignment is a little off because I am in need of a camber kit.........could this increase my acceleration by much if I get it?
I have 22" rims, Diablosport Tune 93 octane, K&N CAI, flowmaster 44s dual exhaust, and one 12" Kicker L7 subwoofer...my 0-60 which i timed multiple times is 6.88...so ur iphone thing is WRONG

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you say you are running 89 octane on a 93 tune, if that is the case you need to change your fuel to match your tune. I thought the 3.5's were quicker then that. I thought they would be more of a match for my Ram witch is mid 6's 0-60.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
well, maybe is a correct number, that numbers are correct if you ran the car at the ocean level...

btw, that app looks great, but I can´t spend 13 dlls, I hope this app will appear as a free app!! LOL

btw, What happened if someone fill his charger with 1/2 tank with 93 oct and the other half with 87????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have 22" rims, Diablosport Tune 93 octane, K&N CAI, flowmaster 44s dual exhaust, and one 12" Kicker L7 subwoofer...my 0-60 which i timed multiple times is 6.88...so ur iphone thing is WRONG
How's your alignment? Did you ever need to add a camber kit after putting ur 22's on? What do you use to time your 0-60?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you say you are running 89 octane on a 93 tune, if that is the case you need to change your fuel to match your tune. I thought the 3.5's were quicker then that. I thought they would be more of a match for my Ram witch is mid 6's 0-60.
I'm running w/ ACES IV. Talked to Brian and said it was perfectly fine to run 93 Canned Tune w/ only 89 Octane.

well, maybe is a correct number, that numbers are correct if you ran the car at the ocean level...

btw, that app looks great, but I can´t spend 13 dlls, I hope this app will appear as a free app!! LOL

btw, What happened if someone fill his charger with 1/2 tank with 93 oct and the other half with 87????
I got my app for free thnx to INSTALLOUS! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why bother putting any thing other than 93 octane in? I've got a 3.5 and the increase in fuel economy more than covered the increased price in fuel.
do you have a predator? how much better mileage did you get from increasing to 93?

·
Registered
17 Posts
im not....all i have done different to the car is a AFE stage II CAI and an OEM Mopar srt 8 exhaust system, and mobile 1 fully synthetic oil....all this got me 0-60mph in 6.5secs with the msd dashhawk 13100

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
your car's gotta be a factory freak...no one on here gets those times...even people with more mods like headers/cam/predator don't break into 6's.

crazyness!

·
Registered
29 Posts
After a few test(on hilly roads though)..heres my results

W/ 22" rims, dual exhaust, and K&N cai: 8.982
89 oct Predator tune W/ 22" rims, dual exhaust, and K&N cai: 8.137
93 oct Predator tune W/ 22" rims, dual exhaust, and K&N cai: 7.596

Basically i used the "watch and record" function on the diablosport predator then i transfered the data to my computer and took the information from the data curve i saw from recording "Vehicle speed". Thats probably what yall all need to do, its the most accurate way. Now the roads i was on was not strait up flat, they where a little hilly, so if yall can find a flat road, go for it!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm running w/ ACES IV. Talked to Brian and said it was perfectly fine to run 93 Canned Tune w/ only 89 Octane.
Try running the 93 tune with 93 octane gas and see if it has any impact.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hmmmm...im gonna try it again today before i sell my dashhawk...and i will record it and video tape it...maybe there is a mistake but the dashhawk it right to the engine computer...i hope it wouldnt lie to me haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts