Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and there is all kinds of stuff for the 0-60 times of the SRT8 and the SE or SXT Charger but nothing for the R/T. I read somwhere on a personal web site that it says Chrysler quotes it at 5.9. I have a friend that tries to tell me his 2001 Ford Mustang GT Automatic is faster then my car. I told him the only place his car beats mine is weight. Am I being accurate?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
... the GT is quicker then the charger... the weight, and gearing aid it...

the charger r/t will do 0-60, depending on all variables including weather, and driver... anywhere from 5.8-6.5... so figure a good average of 6.2 for 0-60 runs...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quicker 0-60 or eigth mile or quarter mile...what type of mods should i do to get it faster...CAI?? would that do any good??

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Car and Driver got a 5.6 0-60

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
it is quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile...

you will need to bump the HP enough to gain an advantage due to the weight and gearing difference...

outside of going forced induction... look at 3 parts for better breathing... CAI, headers, cat-back exhaust....

remember... this is a heavy family sedan that happens to have a V8... it is not a muscle car...(so to speak) :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well his 0-60 on a 2004 was 6.3 according to car and driver and another guy just posted saying that car and driver said it was 5.6 even if we use your figure of 5.9-6.5 thats not really faster its pretty close right??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also does it matter that he has a 2001 gt not a 2005?? i used to own a 2004 stick gt before i got the charger and i think the charger is quicker then the gt just feels like it is

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
fubaracing said:
also does it matter that he has a 2001 gt not a 2005?? i used to own a 2004 stick gt before i got the charger and i think the charger is quicker then the gt just feels like it is
ahhhh.... I was figuring 2005 stang... guess I should have read your post closer

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i knew the new stang would be real close if not be quicker but ive been told before that the old gt i just thought mine was a dawg off the line so i couldnt see it being beat

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
out of the gate the new one has it, but on a rolling start the stang can't touch the charger...trust me i destroyed an 05 stang on a roll, the guy didn't like it to much.....i didn't want to tell him that he would have had me if we were at a dead stop!!!

stangs flock to my charger for some reason b/c i also took a gt 2003/2004 on a roll.... i doesn't hurt that in town you will see 1 mustang per 4 cars ( it is unrealy how many we have in this town)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Didnt Know How To Start A New Thread But Here We Go. Went To The Dump And Weighed Me , Half Tank Of 89 And My Rt With Knn Cai And Magnaflow Cat Back. We Weighed In At 4410 Pounds. Used The Gtech Pro Rr And Did Seven Runs Back And Forth. Best Average Run Of The Day Was 0-60 In 5.925 Seconds And 1/4 Mile In 14.325 St 99.60 Mph. The Car Ran Best In Straight Auto Mode With Esp Off And A Very Little Wheelspin Worked Best. As The Runs Added Up The Car Slowed, These Hemis Like To Run Cold. It Was 76 Degrees With High Humidity. Thought Id Chime In. I Gonna Wait Till We Get To About 50 Degrees Here In Chicago And Im Sure These Times Will Get Much Better. Chime In If Someones Gteched There Charger.

·
Registered
544 Posts
cip5150 said:
Didnt Know How To Start A New Thread But Here We Go. Went To The Dump And Weighed Me , Half Tank Of 89 And My Rt With Knn Cai And Magnaflow Cat Back. We Weighed In At 4410 Pounds. Used The Gtech Pro Rr And Did Seven Runs Back And Forth. Best Average Run Of The Day Was 0-60 In 5.925 Seconds And 1/4 Mile In 14.325 St 99.60 Mph. The Car Ran Best In Straight Auto Mode With Esp Off And A Very Little Wheelspin Worked Best. As The Runs Added Up The Car Slowed, These Hemis Like To Run Cold. It Was 76 Degrees With High Humidity. Thought Id Chime In. I Gonna Wait Till We Get To About 50 Degrees Here In Chicago And Im Sure These Times Will Get Much Better. Chime In If Someones Gteched There Charger.
Do you have the performance package ?

·
Registered
732 Posts
cip5150 said:
Did you way the car with yourself in it, if so how much do you way.

·
Registered
481 Posts
No Performance Package, But Loaded. Not Sure How Much The Road And Track Package Weighs More Than A Regualar Rt But It Cant Be Much. I Believe The Addition Of The Knn Cai And The Magnaflow Would Certainly Bring The Crank Horsepower Of The Rt Over The 350 Of The Road And Track Perf Package. I Weigh 220 Pounds.

·
Registered
481 Posts
With Gtech You Weigh Yourself In The Car With The Amount Of Fuel You Will Do With Every Run.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You state that the less tire spin you have the better the run was. With the exhaust and the CAI do you notice much of a difference out of the hole ? My RT is stock and without brake torquing I don't have to worry about the tires spinning for more than 5 feet or so.

·
Registered
481 Posts
On A Stop On Certain Pavement With Esp Off I Can Lay A Nice 5-8 Foot Patch. Very Little Rev And Punch For The Best Times With It In Auto Mode Will Get The Best Times. This Gtech Seems To Be Dead On With Times And Speeds. I Have My Ram Hemi Times With Gtech Posted On Htc.com And My Average Speeds And Times Are Pretty Much Dead On When I Had It On A Track. Get The Gtech And Find A Nice Road And Play With It, Its Addicting. Certain Times I Can Lay The Nice Patch And Other Times It Wont. I Cant Wait For Late Fall In Chicago When We Get 40-50 Degrees, Those Numbers Will Improve Big Time. I Love This Car.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i didn't want to tell him that he would have had me if we were at a dead stop!!! stangs flock to my charger for some reason b/c i also took a gt 2003/2004 on a roll....
I guess I'll be drawing the "flies" as well, but my SRT-8 should do a fine job of representing the Charger. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts