Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
The tires will no doubt be worth a min of .3 if you are able to launch on them....
You will need a serious 60' (1.6X) to get anywhere close to that 11.99 so make sure you upgrade your axles first or you are in for a very bad day.

I am firm believer in the shorty tire (check sig)..... and with the ability to raise rpms via the diablo we have eliminated any reason to have to hit 4th gear.

Good luck man.

· Registered
112 Posts
While trap speed is a great indicator of top end HP it really isn't what I am after...the 5.7 is all about midrange torque and getting out of the hole. 111-112 is plenty of MPH to get to 11.9 if it is applied to the rear wheels correctly (ie killer 60').

After 150+ plus passes in my car I would say the 5.7 axles seem to have no problem living in the 1.7 60' range....Hell InferAl has been hitting 1.6's with no probs so far. The real trick would be putting the 3.06 gear in the 5.7 rear.....we are working on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.