Saw a hellcat today! - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #11 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
bjjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal jc View Post
There's little difference between it and the new Scap Pack
The differences between the Scat Pack & previous Charger Superbee sedans based on standard & optional equipment are night & day and if this fact is still foreign to you, then so be it.

Quote:
^ Well which is it? Top of the line or Bare bones? The '12-'14 SuperBee was a stripped down version of the SRT, that was the whole point of it. A real muscle car. No frills, standard Halogen headlights, Cloth seats, SE dash and door panels, it didn't even have the 8.4" display.
I clearly stated in my original post that the 2012 - 2014 Charger SuperBee's were "stripped, bare bones model with limited colors, standard features & options slotted below the top end SRT Charger Premium model." so there's no need to reiterate what I already wrote. And I also distinctly clarified that for 2007 - 2009 Charger SuperBee, Dodge didn't follow the prior stripped down muscle car blueprint from past SuperBee versions, as the 2007-2009 Charger SuperBee was a fully loaded SRT variant above regular SRT Charger in the Charger lineup.

Last edited by bjjones; 06-23-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
sal jc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjones View Post
I clearly stated in my original post that the 2012 - 2014 Charger SuperBee's were "stripped, bare bones model with limited colors, standard features & options slotted below the top end SRT Charger Premium model." so there's no need to reiterate what I already wrote. And I also distinctly clarified that for 2007 - 2009 Charger SuperBee, Dodge didn't follow the prior stripped down muscle car blueprint from past SuperBee versions, as the 2007-2009 Charger SuperBee was a fully loaded SRT variant above regular SRT Charger in the Charger lineup.
So then my original statement is true
Quote:
Quote:
The SRT models have also lost their "wow factor" & luster due to the cheaper, carbon copy Scat Pack versions.
They've been around for years. Before '15 they were called Super Bees.
To which you repliead "WRONG"
The '15 ScatPack is the replacement for the '14 SuperBee. How is the Scat Pack a chaep carbon copy version and the '12-'14 Superbee not?
post #13 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
bjjones

Quote:
So then my original statement is true

To which you repliead "WRONG"
The '15 ScatPack is the replacement for the '14 SuperBee. How is the Scat Pack a chaep carbon copy version and the '12-'14 Superbee not?
No, your original statement is FALSE & INACCURATE.

Quote:
They've been around for years. Before '15 they were called Super Bees.
Once again, the Scat Pack Charger IS not the same model as the previous 2012 -2014 SUPERBEE which is exactly why the Scat Pack was created by Dodge as a "replacement" or substitute model not only based on price but standard & optional equipment due to prior 2012 -2014 SuperBees not selling well.

Moreover, I along with some other posters on this thread have plainly pointed out the differences of the Scat Pack & SuperBee, so maybe you should re-read some of the other replies which confirm my comments as you seem to be having a hard time grasping the contrast between the two various models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
sal jc

Garage
Quote:
No, your original statement is FALSE & INACCURATE.
Once again, the Scat Pack Charger IS not the same model as the previous 2012 -2014 SUPERBEE which is exactly why the Scat Pack was created by Dodge as a "replacement" or substitute model not only based on price but standard & optional equipment due to prior 2012 -2014 SuperBees not selling well.
Moreover, I along with some other posters on this thread have plainly pointed out the differences of the Scat Pack & SuperBee, so maybe you should re-read some of the other replies which confirm my comments as you seem to be having a hard time grasping the contrast between the two various models.
You called the ScatPack a cheap carbon copy, which I and a lot of people will disagree with. Please explain why the Superbee isn't then. It's the same concept and has been for over 40 years.
Quote:
The SRT models have also lost their "wow factor" & luster due to the cheaper, carbon copy Scat Pack versions.

Last edited by sal jc; 06-23-2016 at 01:57 PM.
post #15 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
Devils950003

Sal, to piggyback onto what bjjones was saying:

Quite simply, the idea of a bargain-priced SRT (by a general performance and power standpoint) was a good idea on paper. It just wasn't well-executed with the 2012-14 Bees.

Want a sunroof on your Bee? Nope, can't get it. How about something other than black cloth, striped seats? Nope, that's it. Want that diagonal door panel stitching that just about every other Charger (save for THE lowest trim levels) from the last gen seemed to have? No go. Exterior Color paint options were extremely limited and depended on what Dodge decided to make available at any given time. And of course, if you wanted nav from the factory in 2012...you were screwed there too. The choices and options were just too far and few between, and I think the fact that most Bee interiors were basically a somewhat tarted-up SE equivalent (but now residing in a $43-$45k performance car) rubbed some people the wrong way.

The Scat Pack has the one thing that Bee simply didn't: LOTS OF OPTIONS, and ones that make a lot of sense. You can now choose from a much wider palate of colors. If you're not feeling cloth seats, you can upgrade to alcantara and leather. You have two rim choices and a sunroof option. No more 4.3S screen...nav is an option, but at least you get the much-nicer 8.4S as standard if you don't opt for nav.

Again, depending on what you opt for, you get much more for your Scat sticker price than you ever did with the Bee. The Bees were a good deal once they sold $4-5k below sticker, but that's not what was supposed to have happened. The Scats are simply a much better deal out of the box, and don't feel as chopped in the extras department as Bees often did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devils950003 For This Useful Post:
bjjones (06-23-2016)
post #16 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
bjjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils950003 View Post
As much as I love my 2012 Bee, I think Dodge was very smart to introduce the Scat Pack to basically act as the successor to the Super Bees.

For one, the "switch" in Bees from the fully-loaded SRT variant in 2007-09 to the stripped down 2012-14 models probably threw some people off (though the latter version was more true to the Bee heritage than the 2007-09). For another, the 2012-14 versions didn't sell quickly...many new ones sat on lots for several months before they were finally sold, often well below sticker. Don't know if it was the graphics/striped seating, the general lack of options and bells and whistles (no leather, no sunroof, etc), or (in some cases) the high-impact colors that turned some people off, but clearly the last-gen Bees lacked universal appeal.

The Scat Pack Chargers definitely have much more of that...and with the right options, you can load them up pretty nicely. It's basically terrific power to fit a number of budgets. I think it was smart to differentiate them from SRT 392s by knocking them down to the R/T trim level. The "power at a discount" formula was tweaked very well with the Scat Pack.
Quote:
I don't think any one trim level among the Hellcats, SRT 392s, and Scat Packs cheapens any other. You know what you're getting with each one, and there's enough differences in the appearances to know what's what. And I like that a lot of different budgets and price points are covered.
I never mentioned that any of the Charger models "cheapens" any other models so this is your own premise, not mine.

Quote:
Furthermore, no matter how you choose to paint the picture, the Scat Pack model is still a cheaper, carbon copy SRT392 & outside of the Scat Pack/RT designation, the Scat Pack is more closely aligned with the SRT392 version now than the previous 2012 - 2014 SuperBees & 2012 -2014 Charger SRT models. And I also disagree with your assertion on the Scat Pack proposition, as it's too similar to the SRT392 at a cheaper cost & there is very little difference between both models appearance or equipment wise, especially when the Scat Pack is fully loaded. Personally, I feel Dodge should have kept the bare bones Superbee concept as well for the newer Chargers to add more distinction & separation between the Scat Pack & SRT392 and just lowered the price as they've done with Scat Packs to make it more affordable & cost effective for buyers.
post #17 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
Devils950003

Quote:
I'd say this is kind of a way of saying that the presence of the Scat Packs have "cheapened" SRT models, by taking away some of the SRT's luster. Anyway my quote was a general statement more than accusing you of having some premise.

You can get a bare-bones Super Bee-type Scat...just order up a Scat with no options and you're pretty much there.
post #18 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
bjjones

Quote:
I'd say this is kind of a way of saying that the presence of the Scat Packs have "cheapened" SRT models, by taking away some of the SRT's luster. Anyway my quote was a general statement more than accusing you of having some premise.
Well, of course my friend, you're entitled to have your own interpretation, however my original statement was perfectly clear cut & accurate. And certainly with 3 similar models now in the Charger lineup (Scat Pack, SRT392, Hellcat,) instead of just two previously (SuperBee, SRT8) both the Hellcat & Scat Packs have definitely taken away some of the shine from the SRT392 version.

Quote:
You can get a bare-bones Super Bee-type Scat...just order up a Scat with no options and you're pretty much there.
Nevertheless, a Scat Pack with no options whatsoever still has more standard equipment & features akin to the SRT392 & isn't anywhere close to a stripped 2012 -2014 Superbee when you actually compare the overall standard equipment for each model (Scat Pack vs SuperBee).
post #19 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
sal jc

Garage
I could live with that. the '12 SuperBee was my favorite modern Charger and I like the '15 Scatpack just as much. They're as close as you can get now to a real 60's style muscle cars. Base car / big engine.
post #20 of 28 Old 06-23-2016
Devils950003

No need to be condescending bjjones.

And it's a good thing that a base Scat Pack is better equipped than a base Super Bee. I don't think anyone is clamoring for a bottom-trim interior or the return of the 4.3 screen. The base Scat is a nice spiritual evolution of the last gen Bee.

Sal, that's what I like about my Bee...the fact that it's not refined...helps to give it that raw muscle car feel. My interior isn't fully stock anymore...I dumped the 4.3 for the 8.4N, painted my dash bezel Stinger Yellow, swapped the shift knob for a black and yellow ball-type, and swapped out the floor mats for the Lloyd black-and-yellow Super Bee version. But it still has a pretty unrefined feel to it, which I like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion