9s Charger Hellcats - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #11 of 15 Old 06-25-2017
RitzRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELS.D View Post
I wonder if that engine and tranny could be stuffed into a Fox body 'stang?
The fox bodies had issues with lightly modified 302's twisting the frame from the added torque. I had a buddy who swapped in a 351 windsor marine engine and he cracked two windshields before he put 2 and 2 together and significantly braced the frame. Back then, if you had 400-ish HP in one of those, it was considered a rocket. They were fun to drive tho...

Still debating if I want to supercharge my 6.4L. It's PLENTY fast as it is, but that sounds like it might be a fun weekend project. I'd probably chicken out at 6-7psi on the stock bottom end tho.

Best,

Granite 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Formerly had Cool Vanilla 2006 Charger R/T

Last edited by RitzRT; 06-25-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 06-25-2017
FST4DR

For a little over $32,000 you can get the whole drive train. LOL

https://www.clevelandpap.com/shop/en...rans-turn-key/

2013 Charger SRT8 (Diablotoona tune and CAI)
post #13 of 15 Old 06-26-2017
Playhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzRT View Post
The fox bodies had issues with lightly modified 302's twisting the frame from the added torque. I had a buddy who swapped in a 351 windsor marine engine and he cracked two windshields before he put 2 and 2 together and significantly braced the frame. Back then, if you had 400-ish HP in one of those, it was considered a rocket. They were fun to drive tho...

Still debating if I want to supercharge my 6.4L. It's PLENTY fast as it is, but that sounds like it might be a fun weekend project. I'd probably chicken out at 6-7psi on the stock bottom end tho.

Best,

Let us know if you go this route. Id be interested in your results. It's something I've looked into for a possible future mod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Charger Scat Pack 392 loaded. Granite Crystal Metallica, 45% Tint. "Constantine"
2011 Charger RT Max, K&N Drop In, Aces IV, 45% Tint, Tungsten Metallic. Traded. Will be missed. "Lucy"
2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White. Sold "White Lighting"

Last edited by Playhard; 06-26-2017 at 06:21 AM.
post #14 of 15 Old 06-26-2017
Playhard

Adding fuel to the fire, Hennessey is going to build Demons up to 1500 hp. Insane.

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehi...upgrades-2018/
post #15 of 15 Old 06-26-2017
RitzRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playhard View Post
Let us know if you go this route. Id be interested in your results. It's something I've looked into for a possible future mod.
Will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion