Hellcat Owner Thoughts - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #11 of 14 Old 09-21-2016
tacamo01
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
There is a dedicated Hellcat forum that has a wealth of info. Many used to have RT's and SRT's. Good info also on performance modifications and how to track the car with 275's. Good luck with the purchase.

There are several Hellcats that are over 800 hp with the stock trans and they track the car regularly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 09-22-2016
EMS-Pilot

As a hellcat owner, Its incredibly powerful (as we all know), it gets looks and thumbs up everywhere, and of course every Mustang that strolls by wants to get all chesty but is quickly put in its place.

I just took her on a long drive and averaged 27.5 in ECO mode all highway. LOVE that, and yes I have a pic to prove it. Its my daily driver and I most love the sound of that exhaust.

I have only used the RED key because the black key...well...who cares really.
post #13 of 14 Old 09-23-2016 Thread Starter
mattsnoddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacamo01 View Post
There is a dedicated Hellcat forum that has a wealth of info.
Aha, of course, a different forum. Not like I'd want to keep my "lifetime membership" on here or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMS-Pilot View Post
I have only used the RED key because the black key...well...who cares really.
Was actually thinking on the test drive, as a daily driver, I'd be using the black key more than the red, because the opportunity to open it up would be rare in daily traffic.

Thanks for the info!

07 Charger SRT, 08 Challenger SRT, 10 Viper ACR
post #14 of 14 Old 09-23-2016
EMS-Pilot

You can definitely use the black one, however, the RED key can be used to reduce the HP to 500 as well. The Black key just limits the hp to 500 whereas the red key can do both. As a daily driver myself, the ECO mode is great on the highway and in the city so far.

There is a huge difference and it can be felt in the car while driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion