Your experience - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #1 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
hased

(Thread Starter)
Your experience

Anyone wants to share their experience of owning a charger? Would help a brother out in buying one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
krautmaster

Garage
I am getting my wife a Plum Crazy Charger Rallye Edition for her birthday, this will be the 31st car I have owned, starting way back in 1974. The 2015 and up Chargers are by far the best of the bunch: comfort, safety, reliability, and fun to drive. The technology in autos has come a long way since my 1st car, a 1962 Plymouth Valiant 4 door with a 170 cubic inch, 110 horse power Slant-6 engine, tiny drum brakes, riding on 13" tires.

American cars were absolute garbage between 1973 and 1984 ish, and got progressively better from then onward. Some time in the mid 2000's most became just as well made and reliable as any car made anywhere (the expensive models anyway, not the cheap econo-boxes).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus
The Following User Says Thank You to krautmaster For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #3 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
Excoastie

Chargers are great cars! My '18 Dayton is the 3rd Charger I have owned ('07 SRT, '13 Daytona were the other two).

Enough room for the fam, a big enough trunk to haul whatever you need, and fun to drive and reliable.

Exco

I'm going outside to stand, if anyone asks; Tell them I'm OUTSTANDING
The Following User Says Thank You to Excoastie For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #4 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
CtCarl

Well, my mechanic was thrilled when I bought one.

I'd suggest you pour yourself a cup of coffee (or the beverage of your choice), take an hour or so and sift through this these threads: https://www.chargerforums.com/forums...play.php?f=214

"Many true sports cars can be outrun by a powerful sedan." - Sir William Lyons, Chairman, British Leyland
The Following User Says Thank You to CtCarl For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #5 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
Stevens12

I call them Dodges best kept secret. They're awesome cars. Depending on what package your considering, you've got options. Big trunk, nicely equipped, awesome mpg for a large sedan and great on road trips. I've owned 4 now total and really liked each one. Currently I own an SXT AWD for winter and an SRT for summer and nice weather. I installed a hitch too on the AWD and it pulls the utility trailer around nicely. All have been reliable with minimal issue.

Current 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8, Corsa Extreme exhaust, 20% window tint, AEM drop in filter, Custom Wrap
Current 2015 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, Hellcat spoiler
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevens12 For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #6 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
FLEX
Super Moderator

I've owned 4 Chargers. No regrets.

I seriously doubt you're going to get any negative commentary on them from anyone on this forum...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 R/T R&T - "HEMIGASM" - Gone but not forgotten.

2010 SRT8 - Sold

2015 SRT 392 - RIP

2016 SRT 392 - Jazz Blue, AFE Momentum GT intake, SOLO Performance exhaust, 20% Tint, Black Carbon Fiber Racing Stripes, BT catch can and underhood bling, tinted tails, Oracle LED sidemarkers, Mopar Strut Brace, Rennen Forged RL-55X wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 tires

2017 Corvette Z06 2LZ - Arctic White with Red/Black Interior, Carbon Fibre Everything, Transparent Roof Panel, Spectra-Grey Wheels, Data Recorder/Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
FLEX grinds his own coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his rage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Credible Hulk
I always back up my rage with documented sources and facts.
Do you even lift?
The Following User Says Thank You to FLEX For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #7 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
ONEZ ST

Only own 1 Charger, 2019 Scat..

My advice is read, review, compare, decide.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 1 Week Ago at 09:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONEZ ST For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #8 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
Jerry-L

Garage
This is my first Charger, but my 4th Dodge. And honestly, after the last one I swore to myself that I'd never have another one. (2007 Caliber) Well, now here we are 10 years later with another one and frankly, I'm very happy with it so far. But looking back, the problems with the Caliber didn't start until after I'd had it for a year. I bought the Charger in mid-December last year then promptly parked it until the snow went away, so I really don't have a lot of miles on it yet. It had 2400 miles on it when I bought it and still doesn't have five thousand on it as of today. I took it on a road trip last weekend of about 300 miles round trip, (mostly Interstate highway), and was pleased with all aspects of this car. Comfort, handling, power and yes, even economy. I make a conscious effort to drive the Charger rather than my other car these days because I plan to drive it to Phoenix in the fall and would prefer to have the oil changed before I do. Right now the car reports the oil life is at 55%, so I got a little ways to go. However, it was so nice here a couple days ago I decided to put the top down on my other car and use it that day. I remember thinking that I sure miss that "Hemi rumble" after starting the Miata up that morning.

Good luck with your search, OP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190318_153644.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	274671  

Jerry
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry-L For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #9 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago
JFire72

I am a Mopar Or No Car guy now, and have been a very happy customer for the last 15+ years. I've had 3 Durango's, 3 Chargers, and a Dart. Still have 1 of each, and aside from some minor issues with the Dart, they have all been very dependable. The Dart was used and abused, and will be my daughter's 1st vehicle soon, it just needs new engine mounts now.

Anyway, I have loved my Chargers, and my 1st was an 08' SXT, and was the 1st car I have ever owned that didn't have issues. It had a nice road presence, mainly because it was the bright TorRed color, which always turned heads.

My 2nd Charger was a 16' Raylle AWD, that thing was a tank in the winter. That car was a big upgrade of everything over my previous SXT. It had a ton of power compared to the other, and felt and looked even better than my 1st as well. But like many of us here, I felt the need to upgrade not to soon after we got it.

Enter my 18' Daytona 392. This by far is this nicest, and most powerful vehicle I have ever driven. I swapped out the Brembo brake pads for Powerstop Z26 yesterday to end the brake dust nightmare. But aside from that, Dodge did a great job with building these cars.

Overall, I have been very happy with Dodge and there lineup lately. The interior has been the subject of some reviewers, but I can't complain, and IMO it looks better than the other manufacturers offerings. I've heard there may be a redesign coming, but honestly the latest style is going to be hard beat.

Here are my side by side incoming and out going Chargers at trade in time:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2018 Plum Crazy Daytona 392: 20% Window Tint, Luxe Auto Taillight and Side Marker Vinyls, Thinkware F770 Front & Rear Dash Cam
**Traded In 2018**2016 Maximum Steel Raylle AWD: 20% Window Tint, Luxe Auto Rear Tail Light and Side Marker Vinyls, K&N Cai, Thinkware F770 Front & Rear Dash Cam
**Traded In 2017**2008 Torred SXT

Last edited by JFire72; 1 Week Ago at 06:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JFire72 For This Useful Post:
hased (1 Week Ago)
post #10 of 12 Old 5 Days Ago
blackRTnTN

Purchased mine brand new in July 2012. 115K later I still own and still love the car! Honestly, the Charger has been the best car I've owned. Previously had a second-gen Cadillac CTS, Infiniti G35, and Lincoln LS so I was used to more "upscale" cars. Aside from not having fancy wood trim inside and some glitzy ornamentation, the Charger blows them all away in terms of comfort, luxury(mine is fully loaded), and quality. And we're not even talking performance as it wouldn't be a fair fight since I've got the Hemi. The G35 would probably be the closest to it but I'm pretty sure my R/T would run off and leave it! I had never really considered a Chrysler brand product prior due some pretty bad experiences my parents had with their stuff in the 90s. But today, they have some really good products. To put it simply, these are very solid and well designed cars. Whether you go with a base V6 all the way up to an SRT Hellcat, these are one of the best overall sedans on the market given their price point. And in many ways, are better than some costing thousands more. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

2012 Charger R/T Max. Black on Black.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackRTnTN For This Useful Post:
hased (2 Days Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion