Hellcat recall. Better not drive it! - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #11 of 15 Old 08-26-2017
Playhard

Must have changed parts suppliers for the lines since its only on 17s and for a 4 month production period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Charger Scat Pack 392 loaded. Granite Crystal Metallica, 45% Tint. "Constantine"
2011 Charger RT Max, K&N Drop In, Aces IV, 45% Tint, Tungsten Metallic. Traded. Will be missed. "Lucy"
2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White. Sold "White Lighting"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 08-26-2017
Slidd

Stuff happens. The FCA engineers specified a certain requirement in the hoses and vendor contracted to supply these hoses failed to meet them so they will be on the hook for this recall and replacement along with FCA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB5 View Post
Lowest bidder
There was a change a few years back to improve quality that they not necessarily use the lowest bidder but to use vendors that would adhere to the strictest quality and specs as set forth by FCA. There's no question the quality of FCA cars in general has improved overall and they're building the best cars right now that they ever have.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 Challenger SRT 392 - A8, Technology Group
The Following User Says Thank You to Slidd For This Useful Post:
FST4DR (08-26-2017)
post #13 of 15 Old 08-26-2017
FlyersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron380 View Post
Seems strange to me the recall doesn't actually start until Sept. 22nd?

Have ALL the Hellcat owners been notified already that there's a chance their car might blow the engine?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we're having a slight problem with the oil lines, so you might experience some light turbulence and then explode."
"We're gonna explode?! I don't wanna explode!"
It is strange, but Kia recently did the same thing. Got a notification about some recall that could lead to engine failure in April and I don't believe they started repairing the cars with the issue until the end of May.

*Traded* 2010 Charger R/T AWD. Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl exterior, black leather interior, front chin spoiler, Flowmaster Original 40's, tinted windows.

*Current* 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee. Black. Flowmaster Super 40's, and 20% tint all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 09-15-2017
rexus31

The replacement part most likely won't hit dealer inventory until 9/22, hence the gap in getting the recall fulfilled.

"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield
---------------------------------------------------
1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383 4V, 727 TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red Metallic
2015 Dodge Charger R/T, Road and Track Performance Group, B5 Blue
post #15 of 15 Old 09-15-2017
jvalich

I was the focus of a recall in 2004 on my Vovlo Penta engines in by boat. Oil line failure, Volvo replaced the lines and gave the motor a clean bill of health. Failed again, this time they sent a new motor, crated the original and sent to their plant for analysis. Turns out the high pressure oil line by the manufacturer had no barbs on the fitting, hence the line was slipping off. Volvo told me that the original design and testing from the supplier was fine. They can only assume that the vendor is continuing to meet the specs. You can take random samples to verify. Seems like they had a bad batch. I'd give FCA a bit of slack now and see how they handle the issue and the quality of their customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion