Got my 2017 Hellcat, but have a little problem. - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #21 of 29 Old 08-25-2017
YardleyBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreagle View Post
I extracted the 8 gig Zip file to a 16 gig USB flash drive and went through the update procedure which took about a half hour. Only time will tell if it fixed my problem, but one thing different is that I no longer get the splash screen with the warning you either have to click on the acknowledgement button to remove or wait for it to time out. I now immediately get the display screen set to the page it was last on when I shut the car off. I hope that feature is permanent because the warning screen was annoying. I told her we had been talking about this issue on the forum and she wanted me to post her email for you guys to read. I'll have to give it a couple of weeks to see if the update fixed it but Sue was certain this would fix the issue.
My splash screen still comes up after the update.

2017 Black Scat Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 08-25-2017
queitpeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzRT View Post
All these discussions around flaky uconnect. Mine went bonkers just once so far. It got into a state where it was stuck on the radio input and seemed to be wedged. It ignored input from physical buttons and didn't respond to any touches to the screen. I was on a short run to the store and when I came out to drive home and call my local dealer, it was behaving normally again. That was about a month ago and hasn't happened since.

Best,
this happened to me once. I pulled over and tuned car off. On restart all was well. Then once my radio just reset itself recently.
post #23 of 29 Old 09-21-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
OK Here's another update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardleyBill View Post
My splash screen still comes up after the update.
My splash screen is still working. It only didn't show the first couple of times I restarted and then came back.
The update solved the original screen issue, but it created 3 new problems.

1) Quite often when I stop, put the car in park, and hit the button to stop the engine, I get a Ding like I'm trying to shut it off in gear, and the engine keeps running. The second push shuts it off.
2) Sometimes on start-up, the A/C is running full speed (where it was at shut-off) but the screen says the Climate control is off, including an on button. Hit the on button, it goes off. Hit it again it turns on and works fine the rest of the ride.
3) Sometimes, not to often, when I hit the start button on a first morning start-up, the starter just runs with the engine trying to start but it can't fire up. The starter will keep running until I press the start button again to stop it. Next try it starts up fine.

It sounds to me that the software has some "Race" conditions in it that they have tried to patch, but they need to start over and just write the routines properly from the get-go. I contacted Dodge again and I'll get back here after I get a call.

Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old 11-01-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
Finally seems to be Fixed!

I didn't want to post until I had a chance to give the Newest fix a good test but after maybe 3 or 4 weeks I'm confident that it's been fixed. The Uconnect Techs have been very attentive to me, many calls and emails. They even called to talk with the service manager Chris, and the parts guy Steve. The bottom line is that they installed a new radio and it solved my problems. They shipped it overnight, I stopped in the next day and it was sitting in parts waiting for me. I was planning on making an appointment to have it installed but the service writer Shawn ran it right into the shop for me and had a Tech do the swap while I waited.

This has been a PITA but at least it didn't affect me driving my Hellcat. I have to give credit to the people at Doan Dodge here in Rochester, N.Y. for doing everything they could to help, they have been great. Also Kudos to The Uconnect department at Dodge for making the repair of this glitch a top Priority. Rarely have I had a company give me such excellent communication right down to several follow-up phone calls inquiring if it was now working properly. I read about some people having bad experiences with Dodge, but in my case they were great.
post #25 of 29 Old 11-29-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid View Post
Does anyone know if the cars have usb 2.0 or 3.0 ports

Mines a 17 sp

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
They are probably USB 2.0 ports because 3.0 ports are blue.
post #26 of 29 Old 11-29-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radak04 View Post
It's almost certainly software. My '15 Durango had some weird software issues with the uConnect. Rebooted a couple times while I was driving around. Lost all the favourite radio stations a few times. It hasn't had any bugs since the last software update.

The HellCat must use a different version of the software. I'm surprised it's still buggy.
In 2016 the display and radio got changed. I don't know what's in a Durango but the 2016's on Chargers have a new real HD display and a HD radio as well as the standard 8" display. Everything works better than in my 2011 R/T, the voice command stuff is also much better at figuring out weird names when voice dialing.
post #27 of 29 Old 11-30-2017
jerrybear

My symptoms

Make me wonder if my '14 R/T R&T could be lumped in the group too.
Occasionally the rear camera screen will remain on after being in reverse to back out of somewhere. I might drive 100 feet or I might drive ten miles before it will 'Thaw' and let me change the HVAC settings or something in the player, etc.
The car is in the alternator recall flail, only ever had one instance of the Batt Saver Mode light, but I've had several times of the car being totally dead sitting in the garage. No lights-nothing. Popped the hood and put a battery charger on the power stubs and hit the trunk opener on the key fob.
Voltmeter said the battery was fine, 12.6 volts, removed the NEG terminal for about 30 seconds, replaced it and the car started right up.
!!!???!!!
post #28 of 29 Old 11-30-2017
radak04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreagle View Post
In 2016 the display and radio got changed. I don't know what's in a Durango but the 2016's on Chargers have a new real HD display and a HD radio as well as the standard 8" display. Everything works better than in my 2011 R/T, the voice command stuff is also much better at figuring out weird names when voice dialing.
My 15' Durango and 16' Charger are both uConnect.

The Charger does have the better 8" screen as you mentioned and you can put apps down at the bottom of the screen like an iPhone. That isn't available on the 15' Durango. Other than that, they are nearly identical except for some of the performance stuff on the Charger.

Neither system is buggy for me. The Durango was for a bit until a software update cured it. I've never had issues with the Charger.
post #29 of 29 Old 11-30-2017
jerrybear

You have a dealer that is one in a thousand! Local hosebag wants an hour of 'Consult' labor for anything and everything- even if it's warranty coverage. It's become almost standard to pound on the counter first thing to get their attention, have my own tablet handy to show them what I've found on a particular problem, and then listen to them say 'Well, I'll be! I never heard of that before!' (When they are in fact lying thru their teeth.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion