Got my 2017 Hellcat, but have a little problem. - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #11 of 29 Old 08-07-2017
YardleyBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzRT View Post
All these discussions around flaky uconnect. Mine went bonkers just once so far. It got into a state where it was stuck on the radio input and seemed to be wedged. It ignored input from physical buttons and didn't respond to any touches to the screen. I was on a short run to the store and when I came out to drive home and call my local dealer, it was behaving normally again. That was about a month ago and hasn't happened since.

Best,
Yeah that one only happened once to me.

But I do get the one where the screen won't turn on.

2017 Black Scat Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 08-20-2017
rob-2

Did you get this resolved? I had it happen once to me on the 14 but a few updates later it never has happened again.
post #13 of 29 Old 08-20-2017
AZ_Scat

I still have a problem with it, and it has actually gotten worse lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 Old 08-21-2017
rob-2

I'd visit the dealer
post #15 of 29 Old 08-21-2017
YardleyBill

Still happening for me.

I am going to try the update myself as apparently taking to the dealer for this is a day long PITA.
post #16 of 29 Old 08-21-2017
vivid

Is there a way to check yoyr current uconnect software version ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
post #17 of 29 Old 08-21-2017
YardleyBill

You have to go into dealer mode. There are instructions when you download the firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to YardleyBill For This Useful Post:
vivid (08-21-2017)
post #18 of 29 Old 08-21-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
Not Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-2 View Post
Did you get this resolved? I had it happen once to me on the 14 but a few updates later it never has happened again.
So far I haven't had this issue resolved. For maybe a week it didn't happen, it was hot here, but then it happened 3 times in as many days. All 3 times it was on the first morning start-up, and the weather had gotten cool. I stopped in to my Dodge store and talked to the service manager last week to ask about it, but so far no updates have been issued. I'm told the updates are now pushed out over the air, and when an update is available I'll get a notice on my display that it's ready to be loaded. On my older cars I had to put the update on a USB stick and update it that way. I got an email from Dodge last week with a survey and commented about the issue. I clicked the box that I wanted a phone call to talk about it but so far no call. It would be nice to get this fixed.
post #19 of 29 Old 08-21-2017
vivid

Does anyone know if the cars have usb 2.0 or 3.0 ports

Mines a 17 sp

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
post #20 of 29 Old 08-23-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
The update Has been posted!

About a week ago I got an email from Dodge with a link to a customer survey. So I filled it out and in the comment section I wrote about the issue I was having with my display and clicked on the box about wanting to talk with a rep about my issue. Today I got a phone call from Sue, a Uconnect rep, about the answer to my issue. It seems that an update has been posted that is supposed to fix our problem. She sent me this email with instructions...

On 8/23/2017 4:00 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Dear Customer:

Case #: 32216974
VIN: *****************
Vehicle Description: DODGE CHARGER SRT HELLCAT FOUR DOOR SEDAN

Hi Warren, This is Sue with Uconnect Case Management. Further to our conversation, I can be reached at 877-855-8400, extension 471 8326. You can also reply via the link within this email. The software update can only be performed using a computer and a USB flash drive. You will require a clean/blank flash drive between at least 16 gb but up to 32 gb formatted to FAT32 for Windows and MS-DOS for Mac. The software update can be found at http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/. You will also need your entire VIN number which is *****************. At http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/, just under the steering wheel you will see the message “SEE IF THE SIRI EYES FREE SOFTWARE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR SYSTEM”. You can then enter your VIN # and follow these instructions: Select CHECK FOR UPDATES. Select GET STARTED On the next page you will see three blue boxes. Select the right box, VIEW AVAILABLE UPDATES. On the next page, under the DOWNLOAD button, click on the (hyperlink) word here to download the update directly in your browser. A box will appear, and select Save as and save the file which will be UCONNECT_VP4R_US_NAV_CR16.11_LALDLX_MY17 on your desktop. Right click on that file and select Extract All and extract the files to the flash drive. There will be a series of 3 folders and four files. You can then take the flash drive out to your vehicle, ensure Bluetooth is turned off on your phone, make sure the vehicle is running and plug it into the media USB drive in your console and the software will download to your uconnect system. Please call us at ************** if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you. Sue

Sincerely,
SUE
Customer Assistance Center

I extracted the 8 gig Zip file to a 16 gig USB flash drive and went through the update procedure which took about a half hour. Only time will tell if it fixed my problem, but one thing different is that I no longer get the splash screen with the warning you either have to click on the acknowledgement button to remove or wait for it to time out. I now immediately get the display screen set to the page it was last on when I shut the car off. I hope that feature is permanent because the warning screen was annoying. I told her we had been talking about this issue on the forum and she wanted me to post her email for you guys to read. I'll have to give it a couple of weeks to see if the update fixed it but Sue was certain this would fix the issue.

Good Luck,
Eagle

Last edited by Hreagle; 11-01-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion