Got my 2017 Hellcat, but have a little problem. - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #1 of 29 Old 08-02-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
Got my 2017 Hellcat, but have a little problem.

I got my 2017 Charger SRT Hellcat and it came with one glitch. On a random basis, almost always on the first start-up in the morning, my display screen freezes up. This often happens on the backup camera screen and it's a freeze frame. This screen stays on frozen even if I shut the car off and open the door to kill power. My radio goes off, and after a mile or so of driving, it reboots showing the splash screen and then all is well. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so was it fixed? This is getting annoying and my dealer says the factory is aware of it and is working on a software upgrade to resolve it. I'm curious if anyone else got one of these. Thanks!
Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 08-02-2017
YardleyBill

Curious to hear the answer because my 2017 SP does the same thing.

Yesterday it stayed frozen on a SXM channel. The song was playing, but nothing related to the radio would work. Touchscreen, dials, mute button, nothing.

2017 Black Scat Pack
post #3 of 29 Old 08-02-2017
radak04

It's almost certainly software. My '15 Durango had some weird software issues with the uConnect. Rebooted a couple times while I was driving around. Lost all the favourite radio stations a few times. It hasn't had any bugs since the last software update.

The HellCat must use a different version of the software. I'm surprised it's still buggy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 08-02-2017
Stevens12

So this is a legitimate issue. I thought the post was gonna be something like, my car keeps melting the tires, how do you stop from doing that.. .haha

Well thats that the dealership is for. But as mentioned, software glitch and or radio and should be easily addressed.

Current 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8, Corsa Extreme exhaust, 20% window tint, AEM drop in filter, Custom Wrap
Current 2015 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, Hellcat spoiler
post #5 of 29 Old 08-02-2017
AZ_Scat

I have had the same thing happen on my 2017 SP, although it only happens once every 2-3 weeks instead of everyday. I would have to guess that it is a software issue that is correctable with a patch, so I don't think we are stuck with it permanently. It is definitely annoying, but I think we just have to live with it for the moment. Sorry that I can't be of any more help!
post #6 of 29 Old 08-03-2017
vivid

Count me in on this I've got a 17 SP same thing.. happened twice now that I've noticed atleast

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 29 Old 08-03-2017
isaacmaple08

Garage
Several members on the Hellcat forums experiencing the same thing, Uconnect released an update but it looks like it was "unstable" bricking people's Radio so they pulled it.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/2017-...lx-cars.86977/

2015 Charger SRT 392 - LMI CAI, BT Catch Can, 180 Tstat, Diablo-Modified PCM, Custom Dyno Tune - SOLD

2016 Charger Hellcat - LMI CAI, Speedlogix Catch Can, Mopar 3.09 LSD, ID 1050x, GripTec 2.75", ATI 10% Balancer, Killer Chiller, SW Long Tubes, DSS Aluminum DS, Brisk Spark Plugs, 21v BAP, 93/e85 Griff Tuned

2014 Grand Cherokee SRT - LMI CAI, SW Long Tubes, DS Catch Can, 180 T-Stat, 93 GriffTuned
post #8 of 29 Old 08-07-2017 Thread Starter
Hreagle

(Thread Starter)
At least it isn't just me!

I was hoping this wasn't just a problem with my car, I always seem to get the weird ones. It's been hot here for a while and the issue has not happened in a few days. I can just about count on it happening if it's cold and wet, but not much so on hot mornings. Maybe the weather is just a coincidence, but it does seem to be a factor. I'll keep bugging my Dodge store and hopefully the update will be along soon. Thanks for the replies...

Eagle
post #9 of 29 Old 08-07-2017
YardleyBill

For me it seems to be the opposite, when it is hot.

Because the screen is even hot to touch.
post #10 of 29 Old 08-07-2017
RitzRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreagle View Post
I was hoping this wasn't just a problem with my car, I always seem to get the weird ones. It's been hot here for a while and the issue has not happened in a few days. I can just about count on it happening if it's cold and wet, but not much so on hot mornings. Maybe the weather is just a coincidence, but it does seem to be a factor. I'll keep bugging my Dodge store and hopefully the update will be along soon. Thanks for the replies...

Eagle
All these discussions around flaky uconnect. Mine went bonkers just once so far. It got into a state where it was stuck on the radio input and seemed to be wedged. It ignored input from physical buttons and didn't respond to any touches to the screen. I was on a short run to the store and when I came out to drive home and call my local dealer, it was behaving normally again. That was about a month ago and hasn't happened since.

Best,

Granite 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Formerly had Cool Vanilla 2006 Charger R/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion