Uh-Oh Demons...New Chally Hellcats get Widebody! - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #21 of 28 Old 07-13-2017
JazzBlueRT
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA-09 View Post
Agreed! And doubly (word?) agreed both Hellcat versions and even SRTs need to eventually allow for wider tires, so in that regard, kudos to Dodge for pushing a widebody to the Hellcat where it'll be fun to see more grip all around for that already monstrous car. I was able to track my '16 SRT a few times at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA...awesome experience and took that car to all it's limits (g-force had me a 1.01 G's on left and right, 0.97 stopping and .76 accelerating, such a blast of a track! With that said, I can only imagine better tires (those were all stock, everything stock on that car).

In any case...money will always prevail I agree...which is why I'll NEVER understand why a standard manufacturer like say Toyota, Honda or sure even Dodge doesn't come out and make a screamin hot looking car that looks just like a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston, McClaren, etc etc...I mean come on! I'm not asking to change all the guts and performance or even quality parts...just make a Chrysler 200 (lol, just hypothetical here) that kills it in the looks department and makes a Ferrari owner jealous, it's just a change to the CAD and designs and thus body on the same car...

Anyways, I digress but will never understand the decisions behind all the various "looks" in the auto industry...like the Mitsubishi Galant? WTF? (or many others that had to have been designed and produced in an absolute vaccum near Pluto (always a planet to me!)
They did that in the 80's and called it a Fiero and then again in 2004 and called it a Pontiac Solstice. Toyota tried with an MR2 and Subaru tried it with their XT. You could also throw in the Subaru BRZ.

People do not like buying cars that look fast but are slow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 07-14-2017 Thread Starter
USAFA-09
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
(Thread Starter)
True....true...but I would argue each of those examples are still short of competing in the looks category with any supercar out there. They seem to always fall short in truly making it turn heads for the right reasons, or still make it look too commuter in minor ways. My mom has the Solstice GXP tho...it's a fun ride, definitely has the go factor but that's mainly the GXP.

I would argue if any manufacturer built a supercar looking ~$30K car, with a decent V6 setup or an easy V8, or turbo'd 4-cyl, we'd see a ton of folks wanting that look without being the millionaires they would otherwise have to be to afford that look at true supercar performance levels. Just my opinion...I mean, I would argue half or more of Lambo owners are not buying those cars for performance but rather love and know the head turning they are getting. Sure it sounds good, yes it's very fast, but besides an actual filmed car show, when do we ever see them on tracks. So if suddenly that look was available in a daily-commuter affordable car, I don't see why they wouldn't fly off the lots with everyone who had the lambo posters on their wall but only dreamed.

I understand both sides tho

2017 345 Daytona Charger - White (mine)
2014 R/T Durango - White (hers)
2014 Iron 883 Sportster - Candy Purple (hers)
2018 HD Road Glide Special - Bonneville Salt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 28 Old 07-14-2017
JazzBlueRT
Banned User

Quote:
True....true...but I would argue each of those examples are still short of competing in the looks category with any supercar out there. They seem to always fall short in truly making it turn heads for the right reasons, or still make it look too commuter in minor ways. My mom has the Solstice GXP tho...it's a fun ride, definitely has the go factor but that's mainly the GXP.

I would argue if any manufacturer built a supercar looking ~$30K car, with a decent V6 setup or an easy V8, or turbo'd 4-cyl, we'd see a ton of folks wanting that look without being the millionaires they would otherwise have to be to afford that look at true supercar performance levels. Just my opinion...I mean, I would argue half or more of Lambo owners are not buying those cars for performance but rather love and know the head turning they are getting. Sure it sounds good, yes it's very fast, but besides an actual filmed car show, when do we ever see them on tracks. So if suddenly that look was available in a daily-commuter affordable car, I don't see why they wouldn't fly off the lots with everyone who had the lambo posters on their wall but only dreamed.

I understand both sides tho
I liked the way the Solstice's look, but thought they were way under-powered. didn't know about the GXP though.

Alfa has the 4C, starting at 55k, you get the supercar look in an affordable package. Dodge could probably build them in volume for under $40.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old 07-22-2017
frank1966

Quote:
Couldn't agree more...also, no one ever really addresses another issues with any new car purchase: warranties. My actual #1 motivator for downgrading from my '16 SRT Charger to my now '17 5.7L Daytona was the ability to buy the Lifetime Mopar Vehicle protection warranty, which is not offered on SRT's or 392's anymore (after 2015), so for me, the biggest value was the ability to buy the look I so much loved, good performance in still a V8 (which sounds amazing still imo), and then getting a warrantied for life vehicle. I'm the type that drives a LOT of miles and keeps my car for a very long time if warrantied properly. I came from a G8 GT life and even tho I originally increased HP when upping to my '14 SRT, honestly unless on a track and in perfect conditions, I just never really see any practical reason to "need" anything above the 5.7 without stepping into ego territory. I understand the added plus the 392 provides, I've enjoyed it immensely the last 3 years, and also I would add that the 5.7 gets WAY better mileage than both of my previous 392s...maybe it was just my driving style I'll humbly admit, but in any case, now with my lifetime warranty...it'll be the 5.7 until I die! (or they open up the 392s to the Lifetime again....lol)
That is surprising, you downgraded because of a life time warranty. I feel its more of a headache dealing with warranty claims then just fixing it yourself IMO. Did you ever actually use your warranty? Ive been driving cars for almost 30 years, never needed to use a warranty. I think these cars are built like tanks! I am not trying to start a warranty argument here, please don't take it that way.
I brought up an issue a while back in regards to RT scat pack cars debadging and rebadging with SRT powered in gigantic letters on a quarter panel (saw this on the road one day) and I was attacked by about 50 scat pack owners. I like all of the appearance options, I think higher end models look better and we should have a choice in appearance, just keep the badges IMO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2015 SRT B5, Tech/Nav, black roof, Matte black hellcat wheels

Last edited by frank1966; 07-22-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: more
The Following User Says Thank You to frank1966 For This Useful Post:
USAFA-09 (07-22-2017)
post #25 of 28 Old 07-22-2017 Thread Starter
USAFA-09

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1966 View Post
That is surprising, you downgraded because of a life time warranty. I feel its more of a headache dealing with warranty claims then just fixing it yourself IMO. Did you ever actually use your warranty? Ive been driving cars for almost 30 years, never needed to use a warranty. I think these cars are built like tanks! I am not trying to start a warranty argument here, please don't take it that way.

I brought up an issue a while back in regards to RT scat pack cars debadging and rebadging with SRT powered in gigantic letters on a quarter panel (saw this on the road one day) and I was attacked by about 50 scat pack owners. I like all of the appearance options, I think higher end models look better and we should have a choice in appearance, just keep the badges IMO!

So I do agree that I probably don't use the warranty a lot, but yet! We also have a 2014 R/T Durango and lifetime on that as well and that has now (70K miles no joke, we drive a lot) used the lifetime warranty threefold over! It also includes roadside assistance, rental for free for 5 days during repairs, and for me personally just peace of mind not caring what features I use when I want, how I want and as much as I want without caring if they'll ever break or not. Keep in mind tho, we are the type of people who want to find a car to purchase that we can keep for a very long time, my misfortune was just having to wait and wait until this beautiful 5.7 Daytona came out, its perfect for me! I really don't miss my SRT at all tbh. Again it's always personal tho, but for me that's why I downgraded and it made sense for me, I really do plan on keeping this car for a very very long time.

I completely agreed with you on the other post about badging. Personally I really don't care what somebody badges there car as, I mean who really cares? For me, if I have my SRT and I see some V6 model posing with SRT, I think that is hilarious for one, and two, I can't wait until that stop light to comically prove who is the real SRT! I'm not going to get into a pissing match with words, but that right foot will always win!

However (cough) now with my 5.7, I know not to mess with them pretty 392s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #26 of 28 Old 07-24-2017
rob-2

Gieco offers extended warranty for $9/month on most cars. I won't be buying a warranty package again.
post #27 of 28 Old 11-17-2017
ResumeSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-2 View Post
I'd love a widebody hellcat.
It's in the works .
post #28 of 28 Old 12-12-2017
MCaesar2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed View Post
It's in the works .
Nice

The 275s are cool for the 6.4 but for the Hellcat nothing under 305 has a chance

335s in the rear would be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion