Uh-Oh Demons...New Chally Hellcats get Widebody! - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 28 Old 07-07-2017
WHEELS.D
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteel View Post
The total opposite of a sleeper car (an outwardly stock or POS-looking car with extra performance), these folks want to buy a cheap car with no performance and make it look like it can go fast.

hahahahaha
Why is it assumed that people want to "look fast"?

Fast doesn't have a look! It just so happens that fast cars generally are made to look more appealing. I therefore find no fault with someone who likes the aesthetic appeal of performance cars and opts to put that look on a more conventional ride.

I, for one, am a fan of the wide-body kit and menacing look of the demon. But even if I managed to sell a kidney and buy the car, there's no way in hell I'd be able to insure it!

So do I have to just sit around and pout? Not anymore!

Now I can buy a more affordable vehicle that I would still love to look back on after parking!

If you dont look back at your car after parking it.........you own the wrong car!
WHEELS.D is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to WHEELS.D For This Useful Post:
USAFA-09 (07-07-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 Old 07-07-2017 Thread Starter
USAFA-09
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
 
USAFA-09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NOVA
Posts: 71
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELS.D View Post
Why is it assumed that people want to "look fast"?

Fast doesn't have a look! It just so happens that fast cars generally are made to look more appealing. I therefore find no fault with someone who likes the aesthetic appeal of performance cars and opts to put that look on a more conventional ride.

I, for one, am a fan of the wide-body kit and menacing look of the demon. But even if I managed to sell a kidney and buy the car, there's no way in hell I'd be able to insure it!

So do I have to just sit around and pout? Not anymore!

Now I can buy a more affordable vehicle that I would still love to look back on after parking!
Couldn't agree more...also, no one ever really addresses another issues with any new car purchase: warranties. My actual #1 motivator for downgrading from my '16 SRT Charger to my now '17 5.7L Daytona was the ability to buy the Lifetime Mopar Vehicle protection warranty, which is not offered on SRT's or 392's anymore (after 2015), so for me, the biggest value was the ability to buy the look I so much loved, good performance in still a V8 (which sounds amazing still imo), and then getting a warrantied for life vehicle. I'm the type that drives a LOT of miles and keeps my car for a very long time if warrantied properly. I came from a G8 GT life and even tho I originally increased HP when upping to my '14 SRT, honestly unless on a track and in perfect conditions, I just never really see any practical reason to "need" anything above the 5.7 without stepping into ego territory. I understand the added plus the 392 provides, I've enjoyed it immensely the last 3 years, and also I would add that the 5.7 gets WAY better mileage than both of my previous 392s...maybe it was just my driving style I'll humbly admit, but in any case, now with my lifetime warranty...it'll be the 5.7 until I die! (or they open up the 392s to the Lifetime again....lol)


2017 345 Daytona Charger - White (mine)
2014 R/T Durango - White (hers)
2014 Iron 883 Sportster - Candy Purple (hers)
2018 HD Road Glide Special - Bonneville Salt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
USAFA-09 is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 07-07-2017
FlyersHockey
Senior Member
 
FlyersHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteel View Post
The total opposite of a sleeper car (an outwardly stock or POS-looking car with extra performance), these folks want to buy a cheap car with no performance and make it look like it can go fast.

hahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-2 View Post
I like options. Maybe I want the SRT look with v6 MPG. Same reason people put stickers on their car.

I'd love a widebody hellcat.

Wouldn't all of these people be everyone who buys a V6 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger/Charger then?

I really don't understand why people get all butt hurt. Buy what you like.

*Traded* 2010 Charger R/T AWD. Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl exterior, black leather interior, front chin spoiler, Flowmaster Original 40's, tinted windows.

*Current* 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee. Black. Flowmaster Super 40's, and 20% tint all around.
FlyersHockey is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyersHockey For This Useful Post:
USAFA-09 (07-07-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 28 Old 07-11-2017
intercitytires
Junior Member
 
intercitytires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Honestly Dodge is one of the only car brands that "Gets it" . Dollar for Dollar they are offering the most well equipped and in other cases powerful vehicles to a wide end of consumers. I would say the only area they are lacking on is making a more powerful Dart for the compact car segment but in general they are killing it in all other areas. This is the main reason im getting my family a Durango this weekend, we wanted a mid/large suv with decent gas mileage and good looks under 40k, its a no brainer. As far as the Op's thread im sure some hellcat owners want the wider fenders to run the larger tires and be able to rotate them and some other just really like the look of the demon without the over the top track configuration. Either way merica lol.

Shop Over 100,000 Tires In-Stock With Free Shipping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
intercitytires is offline  
post #15 of 28 Old 07-11-2017 Thread Starter
USAFA-09
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
 
USAFA-09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NOVA
Posts: 71
Garage
(Thread Starter)
We have a '14 R/T Durango and absolutely LOVE that car, versatile in so many ways and a beast as well, the AWD is amazing and the comfort on long trips is second to none when of course looking at price, tech/features and bang for buck. It looks slick and still mean but elegant and refined all at once. A great choice, you will not be disappointed, I love my Charger but still have to declare our Durango as our favorite Mopar in the garage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USAFA-09 is offline  
post #16 of 28 Old 07-11-2017
Mangoman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,537
No body else builds cars like Dodge. I love the commercials, damn near calling out every other company! LOL! It's awesome!
Mangoman is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 07-12-2017
intercitytires
Junior Member
 
intercitytires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA-09 View Post
We have a '14 R/T Durango and absolutely LOVE that car, versatile in so many ways and a beast as well, the AWD is amazing and the comfort on long trips is second to none when of course looking at price, tech/features and bang for buck. It looks slick and still mean but elegant and refined all at once. A great choice, you will not be disappointed, I love my Charger but still have to declare our Durango as our favorite Mopar in the garage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome. We are looking at the 2017 GT probably getting it in White Knuckle with Black. And i agree my sister in-law had the R/t and she absolutely loved it.
intercitytires is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to intercitytires For This Useful Post:
USAFA-09 (07-12-2017)
post #18 of 28 Old 07-12-2017
intercitytires
Junior Member
 
intercitytires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
No body else builds cars like Dodge. I love the commercials, damn near calling out every other company! LOL! It's awesome!
x2 on the calling out lol. They have literally carved one hell of a niche out.
intercitytires is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 07-12-2017
Mangoman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by intercitytires View Post
x2 on the calling out lol. They have literally carved one hell of a niche out.
That's why I'm here! I'm not giving up my V8's!
Mangoman is offline  
post #20 of 28 Old 07-12-2017
intercitytires
Junior Member
 
intercitytires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
That's why I'm here! I'm not giving up my V8's!
I don't blame you ! lol
intercitytires is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9s Charger Hellcats rob-2 Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion 14 06-26-2017 06:30 AM
Hellcats up close Top290Banana Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion 0 08-09-2015 05:13 PM
2 Hellcats Doing Burnouts RAINMANyeh Picture/Media Post 12 07-11-2014 09:04 PM
Anyone see the wicked fiats in Angels and Demons? ? ? wickedchargerrt Off-Topic 2 05-23-2009 02:39 PM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome