Sup! - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

post #1 of 5 Old 08-18-2016 Thread Starter
Sammy123

(Thread Starter)
Sup!

New Hellcat owner here. Assuming you went through proper break in procedures, how long before you first went WOT? Mine is in the process of breaking in, but at partial throttle, I can already feel the immense acceleration prowess....so much it actually makes me nervous. Does WOT break the tires loose at 60mph? Make the car go "squirlly"? I'm afraid I may have bitten off more than I can chew. LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2016
HemiLonestar

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar
Congrats on your purchase, jealousy abounds lol. Considering a car can get squirelly with a lot less power, I'd count on it happening with that much power. Try not to scare yourself bwahahah. Maybe black key time for a while.

2003 Ram Hemi Lonestar, 2005 Magnum R/T, 2006 Charger R/T (RIP)
"Never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it again"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2016
Stevens12

Don't turn traction control off.. haha

Current 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8, Corsa Extreme exhaust, 20% window tint, AEM drop in filter, Custom Wrap
Current 2015 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, Hellcat spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2016 Thread Starter
Sammy123

(Thread Starter)
Well I floored it this morning at 60mph after a topping off a full tank of gas. I could tell the traction control was working, because the car felt it was "held back". It chirped at first but then I had no wheelspin, and it accelerated slightly quicker than my 2015 tuned 392 Challenger for the first half second. However, I noticed the acceleration rate increasing rapidly (and g forces) the longer I held. After about 3 seconds I let off, but I felt if I kept at it would continue increase in acceleration rate and g force. Not ready to go that high yet.

This was in default mode. Next time I will find a nice long stretch and try track mode (which was like a night and day difference on my 2015 392 Challenger.)

Last edited by Sammy123; 08-19-2016 at 07:27 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-16-2018
sameerf

samer

goooooooooood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT Hellcat Supercharged 6.2L Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List