Wheel cleaner - Dodge Charger Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site, please stop in to say "hello" and tell us a bit about yourself. For members having a hard time with a forum feature, this is the place to find answers and ask questions.

post #1 of 4 Old 2 Days Ago Thread Starter
YellowJacketDaytona

(Thread Starter)
Wheel cleaner

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I just bought a 2017 Daytona Charger. What does everyone who has these specific wheels recommend for a good wheel cleaner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 2 Days Ago
krautmaster

Garage
Soap and Water..way too easy to screw them up with all the different cleaners available at the parts stores (I've seen guys use "Mag Wheel Cleaner" on painted rims and ruin them..same thing using cleaner made for chrome)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus
post #3 of 4 Old 2 Days Ago
Slidd

Agree. All modern wheels are painted or clear coated so it's just like paint, would you spray wheel cleaner on your paint to clean it? Didn't think so. This whole wheel cleaner business is one hell of a marketing racket imho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 Challenger SRT 392 - A8, Technology Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 2 Days Ago
tcope

Soap and water. If that is not enough, soap water and a good _soft_ (boars hair, wool, etc) brush to agitate the brake dust. You can also used a good All Purpose Cleaner (APC) if that does not work. Personally, I use Meguiars APC mixed 4:1 and spray on wet wheels. The key to keeping wheels clean and using minimum "effort" is to clean them often and keep a good coat of sealer on them. I skip all of the "special" wheel sealers and use a good synthetic sealer.... usually. I put a ceramic coating on my Charger wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_125322.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	274191  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > General Charger Forums > New Member Introductions