Charger Forums banner

How do I start a club?

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The Reaper 
#1 ·
I'm in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I'm wanting to start a club called Modern Mopars of Chattanooga...Chattanooga Mopars......something. Without spending a fortune on the local newspaper, how do I get the word out. Logistics, members ect...

There are a lot of LX's in this area, and who couldn't benefit from a get-together every now and then.

#2 ·
We're in the midst of starting a club in Pittsburgh. One of our members is knowledgable about this and posted some information in the "Steel City LX" thread - you might want to check that out.

#3 ·
We started our club with $0 investment. We started out using the forums to get our message out and find members. In the process we found that one of the members had skills in the web design area and created our web site using a low cost host. I use vista prints to have business cards made with our logo on it, web address and message inviting them to join the club. I have distributed the cards to the club members at M&Gs and when we are out and see a LX, we simply slide the card in the window track right above the driver's door handle so it will be seen. We also have had great success having our M&Gs in high visibility areas that have brought new members in just by driving by.

There are surely faster ways of starting up, but we are a no cost club, no membership fees and the members them selves have donated to the cause when needed.

Best advise is to get help. If you have someone that has the same desire to start a club get with them to help in the planning. Use CF as your communication venue and then don't forget to spread it out over the other like forums (if you want to know what they are, PM me) and it will help a lot.

Good luck!

#4 ·
I have started, been a part of, and ran a few car clubs in my lifetime so far. My best advise to you is keep it simple and fun. The advice given in the posts above is good advice, I have did those things too. It takes work, but don't stress yourself over it. Enjoy it and take it easy, treat it as a hobby. People will follow and join up. Be patient. I wish you the best for your club. :bigthumb:

:driving:

#5 ·
create a myspace page too, all the kids are using that these days.

#8 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to do the same for NW Florida called Emerald Coast SRT. It will be strictly for SRT model vehicles, since no such club exists in our area. I have a few members already, the thing I need to do is find out how to get a web page going. Any advice would be appreciated.

#9 ·
Wow, you're gonna really limit your options. I don't think its such a great ideal to have just SRT's.

I knew a guy who started a "Charger" club here. It didn't grow very much cause limited members with only Chargers.

When I started "Tennessee Modern Mopars", All mopars were welcom. Hence we have a nice group of very a diversified field of cars.

#10 ·
Actually, there is a wide array of SRT vehicles (300s, Chargers, Challengers, Magnums, Neons, Jeeps, Crossfires, and Trucks). I really only want a small club in our small area to kinda set us apart. As I mentioned, pretty much everything else has been done, which is why I don't want to have an LX club or a Mopar club, etc. I'm already a member of Deep South Mopars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.