Charger Forums banner

Changing Stock

544 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  robgadv 
#1 ·
Hello Hemi Lovers,

I got a 2013 Dodge Charger Rt with 245/45/20 all around and I am in need of new tires and I have no knowledge with tires. I want some tires that are wider in the rear but wont stick out pass the body and want some tires that will raise the butt up a little like those old school chargers, but all I care about is performance just to try and give you guys a little perspective as to what matters to me. Thanks guys in advance for your wisdom...Go HEMIS!!!

#2 ·
It's not really practical to raise the car substantially with larger tires without affecting performance.

That said, I prefer a slightly bigger tire and I would have gone with 255/45R20 on my '14 R/T Blacktop, if it wasn't for the fact that there was a much better selection of 245s at lower prices.

Good luck!

#3 ·
If the stock wheels are at least 8.5" wide you can run 275/40-20's just fine, at least as far as the wheel width goes. I'm not familiar with the earlier cars to know if the tires will rub the suspension though.

I also agree that trying to raise up the back of the car is a bad idea; it will affect handing and also potentially cause the tire to rub the fender when the suspension compresses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.