Arm rest falling apart - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #1 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
FlyersHockey

(Thread Starter)
Arm rest falling apart

Everytime my lazy butt gets in and out of my car I lean on the arm rest on the door when I close it. I also rest my arm there while drive. I noticed probably 2 years ago it made an annoying clicking sound. Last night leaving work around 11pm I decided to see if the other side was the same, and noticed it was firm. I went back to check out the drivers' side again it it has a lot of give, like a well worn La-Z-boy. It seems that the stuffing, or whatever material inside has fallen apart over 105k miles. The surface leather doesn't seem to be anywhere close to ripping, but that's what I'm thinking will happen at some point down the road. Anyone else have this issue? And can you just replace that part or does the whole thing come in one piece; the arm rest, window controls, lower storage area?

*Traded* 2010 Charger R/T AWD. Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl exterior, black leather interior, front chin spoiler, Flowmaster Original 40's, tinted windows.

*Current* 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee. Black. Flowmaster Super 40's, and 20% tint all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago
13Daytona1625

Garage
I believe ya can get that but have to take it apart. There’s like a plastic “shelf” in there and w the weight it’ll snap. Been there done that. Gonna attempt to fix again. It’s easy to take off but the screws to take the arm rest are kind of hard to get too. There’s styrofoam in the door panel. I took a extended screwdriver bit and just poked a hole through the foam to get to the screw.
post #3 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago
Smoke99

Garage
well you dont mention what model you have
however you can source just the top of the arm rest in some of these cars
I got a new in mopar packaging top for mine its a 07 SRT 8
just take it apart at the hinge and swap it out 3 screws and done.
you may have to source the part not all dealerships are created equal when
it comes to parts for the older Chargers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion