17 Scatpack - Aligment Issues - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2018 Thread Starter
king_lare

Garage
(Thread Starter)
17 Scatpack - Aligment Issues

Has anyone here had issues with their alignment? I have a 17 Scat and I am on my 3rd alignment at 12K miles. I do live in Houston, TX where the roads are pretty horrible but that is not a reason for me to have 3 alignments done within such a small time frame. Plus I am extremely careful and purposely avoid bad roads. The last time I got it done, the manager stated that maybe the previous dealership that aligned the car did not have their machines calibrated, and he also stated that it is normal since the roads in Houston are horrible. I feel like my intelligence was slightly insulted. Anyone know what could be causing this? Could the frame be bent from the factory? I don't believe any of the suspension components are bent since the vehicle has never been in a collision, nor have I ever ran over a curb, went off the road or any such issue. Would this be considered grounds to lemon law the car? Honestly this is one of many issues I've had with the vehicle and it's just exhausting at this point. This is my 4th charger and most definitely the last FCA product that me and anyone in my family will ever own.

Last edited by king_lare; 09-10-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago
Johnnyma45

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_lare View Post
Has anyone here had issues with their alignment? I have a 17 Scat and I am on my 3rd alignment at 12K miles. I do live in Houston, TX where the roads are pretty horrible but that is not a reason for me to have 3 alignments done within such a small time frame. Plus I am extremely careful and purposely avoid bad roads. The last time I got it done, the manager stated that maybe the previous dealership that aligned the car did not have their machines calibrated, and he also stated that it is normal since the roads in Houston are horrible. I feel like my intelligence was slightly insulted. Anyone know what could be causing this? Could the frame be bent from the factory? I don't believe any of the suspension components are bent since the vehicle has never been in a collision, nor have I ever ran over a curb, went off the road or any such issue. Would this be considered grounds to lemon law the car? Honestly this is one of many issues I've had with the vehicle and it's just exhausting at this point. This is my 4th charger and most definitely the last FCA product that me and anyone in my family will ever own.
What were your issues with alignment, ie what made you do it 3 times? In my first year of both my '11 R/T and '16 SP, I've had to align it several times. My steering wheel was never straight. I just got new wheels/tires and need to get it aligned again...it's annoying.

2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - Mopar CAI, Mopar strut tower brace, Hellcat replica wheels, LED interior swap, Scat Pack Bee badge
2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited
post #3 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago
Stevens12

I've had 4 Chargers and not one of them with an alignment issue.

Current 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8, Corsa Extreme exhaust, 20% window tint, AEM drop in filter, Custom Wrap
Current 2015 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, Hellcat spoiler
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevens12 For This Useful Post:
Ol*Geezer2018 (1 Week Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance