Charger Forums banner

Fuel Gauge Problems HELP

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  djalbin 
#1 ·
I have been having problems with my fuel gauge. I have a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT. I have checked the gauge on the dash and it seems to be functional. I have replaced both fuel pumps, the driver and passenger side. The gauge will show the incorrect level, if it's full it will show 1/4 tank. Need help badly. Ran out of parts to replace, haha.

I have now ran out of ideas. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

#2 ·
You can run the instrument cluster (IC) actuator test. The instrument cluster will perform a self-diagnostic test of the instrument cluster circuitry, the gauges and the indicators.

If you have the EVIC display ...

1. Begin the test with the ignition switch in the OFF position.
2. Depress the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) Down/Scroll switch button on the left steering wheel spoke.

3. While still holding the Down/Scroll switch button depressed, turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but do not start the engine.
4. Release the Down/Scroll switch button.

5. The IC will simultaneously begin to illuminate all of the operational segments in the display unit and perform a bulb check of each operational LED unit indicator. The display segments and LED unit indicators remain illuminated as each gauge needle is swept to several calibration points and back.
6. The self-diagnostic test is now complete. The IC will automatically exit the self-diagnostic test mode and return to normal operation at the completion of the test.

If you don't have the EVIC display ....

1. Begin the test with the ignition switch in the Off position.
2. Depress the odometer/trip odometer switch button.
3. While still holding the odometer/trip odometer switch button depressed, turn the ignition switch to the On position, but do not start the engine.
4. Release the odometer/trip odometer switch button.
5. The instrument cluster will simultaneously begin to illuminate all the operational segments and perform a bulb check of each operational LED indicator. The display segments and LED indicators remain illuminated as each gauge needle is swept to several calibration points and back.
6. The actuator test is now completed. The instrument cluster will automatically exit the self-diagnostic mode and return to normal operation at the completion of the test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.