Charger Forums banner

HOW TO: Dealer Mode on UConnect 8.4

202K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RScottyL 
#1 · (Edited)
You can go into dealer mode by holding down the following buttons for a couple of seconds: drivers side up temperature, down temperature, and front defrost!

You can't really change any information on the screens.

Some options are available on the navigation models that are not on the non-navigation models, obviously!

These shots are from a navigation model!

As you can see though, you apparently are able to backup your data and restore your data.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, I tried that with ours, but I think that is ONLY on the UConnect2 systems, and not on the UConnect systems we have!

Here is where I found the info:

Hacking Uconnect 8.4A and 8.4AN

#5 ·
It works on ours, too; I found it about a year ago on the first RB5 that I installed in my Charger.

Sadly, it was a 2012 model, so it didn't have Beats or Sport Mode, so I replaced it with a 2013 that didn't have Engineering Mode. There are a few folks who can get into it, but it's rare. There may have only been a small window of time in 2011/2012 when it was available.

#7 ·
I tried it the way that website described it on my 2014 and it is not going into engineering mode, so yeah, might be limited to certain year models!

#13 ·
Go to this link that I posted earlier in this thread and see what all you can get in to:

Hacking Uconnect 8.4A and 8.4AN

You never know may work until you try!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.