Uconnect stopped working - Dodge Charger Forums
Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

#1 Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
3996 Daytona

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Uconnect stopped working

My Uconnect stopped working the other day. I thought maybe it was the phone but no joy. I press the connect button on the rearview mirror and nothing. After playing with it a while it finally says "Uconnect, ready" I check for installed phones and it forgot mine. I go to setup and it gets like 3 steps into the setup and goes off. I reboot, same thing at different points in the menu it just stops and the radio comes back on.

Anyone else have a similar problem? It seems to me like the software menu is locking up. It is especially odd that it only sees the button being pushed on occasion not every time.

What is the button with the mouth next to the Uconnect button supposed to do? Mine does nothing.

Please help!

3996 of 4000 Go Man-Go Still bling-free (not counting the Wilwood brakes)
BT Catch can - SLP underdrive - PPP Stage II heads - BBK Headers - 268 Compcam - Jet 180 T-stat - Wilwood Brakes - BB Stage II VB - MDS Delete - Custom Tune by Johan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Gladiator
Super Moderator

One of the last couple of times I went to the dealership they used a DVD to update my software. No idea but maybe something like that can help you out.

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
#3 Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
3996 Daytona

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
One of the last couple of times I went to the dealership they used a DVD to update my software. No idea but maybe something like that can help you out.
I'm hoping it is only software related. My car is out of warranty too, wonder how much they will stick me. Either way I lose my car for a day.
#4 Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
bigjim.srt-8

Mine stopped working the other day. I shut my phone down and restarted and It still didn't work . I went in the house and tried my wifes phone and that one worked.
so i removed the battery from my phone and then reinstalled and reconnected to the cars uconnect and it worked. So my problem seemed to be the phone.... might want to check another phone on your car....

Jim,
07 TORRED SRT-8- Option Groups I, II, III... Demolded
Mopar Cold Air Intake and JBA Exhaust With 5" tips, Jet 180 T-stat, Diablo Predator Tuner, BT Catch Can
BT mods-Front and Rear Emblems,Front and Rear Sill Plates,Fender Badges,Underhood Kit
V-1 Radar Detector,R1 Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Powdercoated Alloys with Toyo Proxes ST's
#5 Old 10-28-2008, 03:45 PM
DonK

Hello Fellow LX-er,

Probably not a solution to your problem or you may have already tried this, but in my 2006 Magnum R/T with the REC radio it states in the owner's manual on page 80:

"RESET
In rare instances it may be necessary to reset the UConnect system. The reset feature is exercised by pressing the and holding the UConnect and Voice Recognition buttons simultaneously tor 15 seconds. Normally, you do not need to exercise this feature."

DonK
2006 Black Magnum R/T
Southern California
#6 Old 10-28-2008, 03:48 PM
DonK

OOPS,

...by pressing the UConnect and Voice Recognition buttons simultaneously to 15 seconds.......

DonK
#7 Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Gladiator
Super Moderator

The update didn't take long from what I was led to believe but who knows with those guys at the service dept.
#8 Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
3996 Daytona

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonK View Post
OOPS,

...by pressing the UConnect and Voice Recognition buttons simultaneously to 15 seconds.......

DonK
Thanks, I'll try this tomorrow!
#9 Old 10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
carlosar33

Send a message via AIM to carlosar33
It happened to me to there a way they reset it at the dealer just stop by and tell them its not working they could just restart it takes like 5 minutes.

Carlos Arteaga
2006 Dodge Charger R/T, Metalic Black on 22 inch panther Rims, Flow master Mopar Intake

Don't forget to rate my car.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2133075
#10 Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 PM
mnunes
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

This might help
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0801406.pdf

Considering that you have a GoMango chances are that the module was built prior to 10/2/2005.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List