throttle position sensor - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
SRT 666
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

(Thread Starter)
throttle position sensor

Anyone ever encounter a problem with this sensor getting wet when you wash? I am on my 2nd one in a 2 month period.Dodge told me to wash the motor differently. Would water be coming in through the filter or around the throttle body and or spacer? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 AM
sound&security

i never have seen that problem-BUT-are you washing the h3ll out of the front of the motor by the trottle??? maybe you should stop hosing down that part of the motor.

#3 Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
SRT 666

(Thread Starter)
I dont even know what that is? But ya i am gonna be a little more carefull with the pressure i think! Thanks though.
#4 Old 09-13-2008, 10:12 AM
mnunes

How much pressure are you using? I've only used the garden hose with a regular nozzle, not a pressure washer. I also wrap the air filter in plastic to prevent it from getting wet and letting any water in.
#5 Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Phanta5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
How much pressure are you using? I've only used the garden hose with a regular nozzle, not a pressure washer. I also wrap the air filter in plastic to prevent it from getting wet and letting any water in.
same here... and i only use the mist selector on the water nozzle
#6 Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 AM
SRT 666

(Thread Starter)
Well, this will sound bad but we have a 2800psi karcher, but i dont go that close.What about gunk? spray that on the motor and a stream rinse off? I think i will do what you guys are doing. Cover the filter with a bag.It does a great job on the trucks with the zep(blast away) soap.That soap works great on the undercarriage of the car as well.Frame looks brand new.I like clean vehicles!
#7 Old 09-13-2008, 10:40 AM
mnunes

Yeah, that pressure washer is going to get lots of really tiny droplets of water blasted into places that a hose won't. I'm really glad you're not using a steam cleaner 'cause that's even worse about getting moisture into all the little electrical connectors.

My engine cleaning procedure.

With the engine cool, I spray on some Simple Green and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I use the hose and rinse it all off. If there's anything stubborn that I can reach, I use a little more Simple Green and a cloth, then rinse again. Wipre dry and spray on Stoner's Trim Shine (other members use tire dressing, which works great, too). Finally, run the engine for a few minutes (until warm) to dry off anything that I couldn't reach.
#8 Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Phanta5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
Yeah, that pressure washer is going to get lots of really tiny droplets of water blasted into places that a hose won't. I'm really glad you're not using a steam cleaner 'cause that's even worse about getting moisture into all the little electrical connectors.

My engine cleaning procedure.

With the engine cool, I spray on some Simple Green and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I use the hose and rinse it all off. If there's anything stubborn that I can reach, I use a little more Simple Green and a cloth, then rinse again. Wipre dry and spray on Stoner's Trim Shine (other members use tire dressing, which works great, too). Finally, run the engine for a few minutes (until warm) to dry off anything that I couldn't reach
nice... that system seems to work the best for me too
#9 Old 09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
SRT 666

(Thread Starter)
Simple green works wonders in so many applications.Gunk smells so much like diesel fuel and you can smell it through your fresh air intake.We use it on the trucks, mainly on the frames to remove grease from u joints before a show.Cheaper way is 2 gallons worth of diesel and a few rags and crawl under the car and start wiping!
#10 Old 09-14-2008, 01:38 PM
rodneyiii

You guys are asking for trouble by repeatedly washing your engines, especially with high pressure sprayers. What are you having to remove? A spotless engine is a bad trade-off for having to replace water-damaged parts. I bet the aluminum stuff is corroded already.

2006 Inferno Red SRT8 with groups I, II, Sunroof, K&N drop-in filter, Auto-dim mirror, Jet-180 T-stat, Predator, 300 SRT struts/springs, Chally SRT wheels.
Born 6-21-06, Home 4-26-10. 1/4 mile - 12.989 @ 108.78 in street trim. Traded 10-19-2012.
2006 Inferno Red R/T with R&T Born 8-12-05, Home 8-25-05, Sold 8-9-10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List