where to get replacement push pins(reusable) and plastic pop rivets - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

post #1 of 5 Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
crazylikeacharger

Send a message via AIM to crazylikeacharger Send a message via Yahoo to crazylikeacharger
(Thread Starter)
where to get replacement push pins(reusable) and plastic pop rivets

where can i buy some of the push pins (reusable ones) and rivets that are on the front of the car that hold the fasica to the other panels on the car. i have to go to the dealership tomorrow to order a very front belly pan but i would like to save some money if i can on the rivets

Too many mods to list now. reached the limit of this forum signature!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Mecha

you can get them are the dealer for about 2.12 each

or goto autozone, pepboys and get some alot cheaper.

they are in the help section of the store.

1/4inch is the diameter you want. get the shortest you can find and you will be good
post #3 of 5 Old 08-28-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
crazylikeacharger

Send a message via AIM to crazylikeacharger Send a message via Yahoo to crazylikeacharger
(Thread Starter)
those are the pop rivets??? i just hope i dont break any of the reusable pins. think i broke 2 last time i removed a few
post #4 of 5 Old 08-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylikeacharger View Post
those are the pop rivets??? i just hope i dont break any of the reusable pins. think i broke 2 last time i removed a few
the 3 pop rivets from each side yes you want to replace them with push pull rivets.

in the wheel well there are 3 plastic rivets you replace, 6 push pull pins you reuse in each wheel well.

you will need min 6 new push pull rivets to replace the plastic rivets you break out.

best way to remove then is stick a flat screw driver under the head and then use some dikes to cut the head off.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-29-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
crazylikeacharger

(Thread Starter)
my dealer was going to charge me $5 per one time use plastic rivet. what a joke. went to a carquest store and got some of the screw type reusables $0.81 each. what a mark up

HALOS ARE IN PROGESS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

User Tag List