where to get replacement push pins(reusable) and plastic pop rivets - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

#1 Old 08-28-2008, 01:27 AM
crazylikeacharger

Send a message via AIM to crazylikeacharger Send a message via Yahoo to crazylikeacharger
(Thread Starter)
where to get replacement push pins(reusable) and plastic pop rivets

where can i buy some of the push pins (reusable ones) and rivets that are on the front of the car that hold the fasica to the other panels on the car. i have to go to the dealership tomorrow to order a very front belly pan but i would like to save some money if i can on the rivets

Too many mods to list now. reached the limit of this forum signature!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 AM
Mecha

you can get them are the dealer for about 2.12 each

or goto autozone, pepboys and get some alot cheaper.

they are in the help section of the store.

1/4inch is the diameter you want. get the shortest you can find and you will be good
#3 Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 AM
crazylikeacharger

Send a message via AIM to crazylikeacharger Send a message via Yahoo to crazylikeacharger
(Thread Starter)
those are the pop rivets??? i just hope i dont break any of the reusable pins. think i broke 2 last time i removed a few
#4 Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylikeacharger View Post
those are the pop rivets??? i just hope i dont break any of the reusable pins. think i broke 2 last time i removed a few
the 3 pop rivets from each side yes you want to replace them with push pull rivets.

in the wheel well there are 3 plastic rivets you replace, 6 push pull pins you reuse in each wheel well.

you will need min 6 new push pull rivets to replace the plastic rivets you break out.

best way to remove then is stick a flat screw driver under the head and then use some dikes to cut the head off.
#5 Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
crazylikeacharger

(Thread Starter)
my dealer was going to charge me $5 per one time use plastic rivet. what a joke. went to a carquest store and got some of the screw type reusables $0.81 each. what a mark up

HALOS ARE IN PROGESS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List