Charger Long term reliability, Good or Bad? - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#11 Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
rush

I have an 06 se 3.5L 61000 miles zero problems just oil changes and I drive 120 miles a day ! I love this car ! I average 24 mpg and that's combined city hwy miles but it will drop to 21mpg if you put your foot into it a lot .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Krush

Send a message via AIM to Krush Send a message via MSN to Krush
I don't know about long term because my car only has 13k on it but so far, no problems here!

www.CarWars.us - Your Competitive Online Car Show
K&N CAI\SLP LoudMouth1\Predator 93 Oct. CAI Tune\HHP Ported Throttle Body\FRI Sidewinder Camshaft\Jet 180 T Stat\Stoptech Crossdrilled Rotors\Eibach Pro Kit\Sport Muscle BHP 20" Wheels
SOLD 7/3/2012 - 6 years of great memories!!
Now Driving: 2013 Mustang GT Premium - 6 Speed - Race Red
#13 Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Phanta5m
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

i'm gonna hope good... since i paid 40k for mine and good for everyone else too
#14 Old 08-26-2008, 11:18 PM
CalgaryRT

As most said, "long term" right now for these vehicles is only 3 years ('06s).

According to Consumer Reports, 2006 was a so-so year, likely due to it being a redesign (new car) year. 2007's reliability was well above average. Reliability ratings for 2008 aren't out yet, but it wasn't a redesign year, so *in general* things are usually just as good if not better than the previous year.

Also worth noting:
The people most happy with their Charger purchase, according to their poll of Charger owners, were people who bought the V8 over the V6. More specifically, the question was, would you buy this car again if you had to do it all over again?

I'm sure most people on this forum, regardless of model chosen, would answer "yes" to that question.

2008 Brilliant Black R/T
#15 Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Jay H

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the replys. Sounds like no major issues so far
#16 Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 AM
LongDriving

One member has 105,000 on his V6 Charger without any major issues.

2006 InfernoRed Charger R/T
HEMI - The Daddy of all Engines

"Some people are like slinkies. They seem worthless but still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
#17 Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Synner

I drove an '06 SE for a year with never a single issue at all.
I now have had my '07 SXT for a year (anniversary was 25th ) and the only issue I have is a noise that sounds like it is probably just the belts. I'm going to have them double check it next oil change but as of yet no major problems in my 2 year Charger experience.
But if you take a look around the site you will see that they also stand up pretty good in an accident compared to a lot of those smaller cars.
#18 Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Gladiator
Super Moderator

These things will go to war for you in an accident. I've seen lots of stories outside of the forums about it. This was one of the big selling points with the wife.

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
#19 Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
IslaTurbine

Send a message via AIM to IslaTurbine Send a message via MSN to IslaTurbine
I have an 06 that was bought new in Dec 2006. She now has 14,700 miles and all I've had were the common tranny o-ring leak and moisture in one of the headlights. Both were TSBs on the car. Other than that, I love Big Red to death.

TorRed Charger Daytona R/T #1065

"Boy that car sure is red!" -Everyone I meet

#20 Old 08-27-2008, 01:02 PM
driftsucky

Send a message via Yahoo to driftsucky
The only problem I've seen with the Charger thus far (since 06) is the problems already mentioned which Chrysler has taken care of.

As for the cars you're comparing it to, If you're going to get a Honda or Toyota, go with 04 and below. Their quality ratings have been dropping steadily since 05/06. Toyota, in the last model year, has had one of the largest quality rating decreases in the industry.

Lastly, I'll say buy what you like. I don't know too many people that like both the Accord and Camry and ALSO like the Charger. It's really two different worlds. But, you gotta be happy with it in the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List