Continental vs Goodyear - Dodge Charger Forums
Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension Discussion about anything involving the wheels, tires, suspension components, etc.

#1 Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
VanAwesome

Send a message via AIM to VanAwesome
(Thread Starter)
Continental vs Goodyear

Alright, so call me super ignorant if you must. But can somebody tell me if Continental tires are any good? I just bought out my lease, and when they were certifying the car, they took off my Goodyears and put on Continentals. The car seems to ride fine, but good god if they aren't the ugliest effing tires i've ever seen in my life.

The logo looks exactly like the "Carnation" logo. I feel like my car is advertising a dairy product.

Maybe it would have helped if they washed my car before I picked it up and put some tires shine or something on them. But, my first instint was to complain and have them put goodyears back on.

So, can somebody give me the run down on these things? I have an 06 R/T with the stock 18" aluminum wheels. I'd go get the exact number of the tire, but its parked far away, and I'm feelin lazy due to this sammich i just ate. I'll update this thread later if it turns out there are many different models of tires that this could be.

thanks!

I just love a good sammich.. So get off my back about it!

ChargerForums Special Edition Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-16-2008, 09:11 PM
MagnesiumPearlR/t

Send a message via AIM to MagnesiumPearlR/t
Continental makes good tires...but they are a touring tire, and not very aggressive. remember these cars are heavy, and i felt the contis were a bit unqualified to go on these cars. the only way they look decent is when they are clean and shined up...i took care of the stock tires real quick with hefty smoke shows, but overall the continentals are ok tires...Good year makes the RSA which is a good tire, and BF Goodrich makes a decent tire as well, as a stock replacement...and a little bit more sporty for these cars, the conti tires that come on the charger belong only on 300's, caddys, lincolns, and crown vics...not chargers.

2005-6 Magnesium Pearl R/T...Best ET. 13.90@100.42 mph (gone but not forgotten) | 2007 Brilliant Black 300C SRT8...RIP 10-22-2010 | 1987 Buick Grand National 52K all factory | 2011 392 Challenger!
Quote:
there will always be someone faster than you, no matter what...
#3 Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 AM
metgo

I think Continentals are crap. They ride good but have poor traction and they ware out fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete
Even bad pub is good for business.
My Pedders review *Must Read*

SRT MAX | Inertia Big valve heads | Pro Torque 2800 | AFE Stage II | 90mm TB | 25% Underdrive Pulley | SLP Longtubes | Gutted Cats | SLP LM1 | 170 Degree t-stat | Mopar TCM | Inertia CMR tune | Pedder Track II |
402rwhp 406twtq 12.3 @ 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List