4 Speed or 5 Speed? 3.5L or 3.5L HO ... How Do You Know The Difference? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

V6 Specific Discussion This area is for discussion about V6 powered Dodge Chargers.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 PM

4 Speed or 5 Speed? 3.5L or 3.5L HO ... How Do You Know The Difference?

I had purchased a used 07' Dodge Charger SE V6 3.5L with auto stick.

I have seen that there is 2 different 3.5L model theres a regular V6 3.5L HO, and from what ive seen a regular 3.5L V6 (no HO) is this correct? and how do you tell the difference cause it never said when i bought it and i didnt know there where 2 different ones.

Also ive seen there is a 4 speed and a 5 speed model V6, I was told if you have auto stick then you have the 5 speed is this correct? I do have the auto stick model SE V6.

So according to the specs on my car which do i have the 3.5L Ho or regular, and do i have the 5 speed model or 4 speed?

Thanks for all your help guys for a new V6 Newbie!!!

07' Dodge Charger V6 3.5L HO Inferno Red, 22" Chrome Elements E12 IRON Rims, Blastin Bob's Dual Exhaust, Billet Grille & Bumper Insert, Window Tint 15%, Pioneer DVD Bluetooth AVH-P3200BT, Silver Trimmed Interior, Visor Badge, Infinity Kappa Highs, 10" Kicker powered by Alpine M500, 5000K HID Headlights, Sequential Blinker Mod, SilverStar Turn Signals, Tinted Front Turn Signals, LED Interior and License Lighting.
Upcoming Mods: Flowmaster Muffler, Fog Lights, And Canbus Viper Alarm, Predator & CAI (had the last 2 in the past but had to sell )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 AM

no, there is only one 3.5 HO engine...since yours is 07 you have a 5 speed tranny.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to sco_pet
KUSH is right, only two 3.5L H.O.; 06' and 07'
07' 3.5L H.O.-3M 5% Tint So U Cant C Me!-R/T Wheels-K$N Intake-Super Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust-DIABLO PREDATOR 91OCT CAI/Exhaust CMR-SRT Grill-SRT Wing-Demolded Body Moldings & Badges-Mopar Fogs-Gangstered Out Corners/Tails/3rd Brake Light/Ram Head-LED Interior Lights-Mopar Chin Spoiler-XENON 8000K H.I.D. Low Beam/Fog Lights- COMMING SOON...Eibachs-Powder Coated R/T's
-BlAcK DiAmOnD-
Old 06-18-2008, 02:48 AM

Yeah I'm a newbie to this high performance thing too. I have an 06 SXT 3.5 HO with auto stick also, but it only goes to 4th. Is drive or something considered the 5th speed, or have I gotten ripped off. What RPM should I be shifting at. Why don't I know this stuff
Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 AM

Thanks for the help guys

The reason i ask is cause ive heard if you have the 3.5L HO with 5 speed the Predator works great and its not so good on the 4 speeds and 2.7's

Wanting to see what it was i had and if the Predator would be worth it for me later down the road.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:23 AM

My 08 is a 3.5lHO it says on the fender but i got the 4speed they droped the 5 speed for 08 on the v6s and the 5 speed only comes on v8s and awd v6s
Old 06-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos[X] View Post
Yeah I'm a newbie to this high performance thing too. I have an 06 SXT 3.5 HO with auto stick also, but it only goes to 4th. Is drive or something considered the 5th speed, or have I gotten ripped off. What RPM should I be shifting at. Why don't I know this stuff
Yes, D is the 5th gear--if you shift--you should hear it upshift when you hit it again and put it in D.

Now that I have my Predator and have made the shift firmness and autostick changes, I actually see the 5 now--which is nice. Also, just shift just like you would a regular stick--listen to your engine--that's the best way. Unless I'm pushing it, I usually shift around 3,000-3,500 or so.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yld_thng
Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos[X] View Post
as said above, 5 = D its the fifth gear.

the rpm you should shift at will vary from:

1) track to track
2) driving preference

also in stock form, the trans will automatically upshift when using manu-matic/autostick. only after the predator tuning, can you disable the automatic upshift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
Thanks for the help guys

The reason i ask is cause ive heard if you have the 3.5L HO with 5 speed the Predator works great and its not so good on the 4 speeds and 2.7's

Wanting to see what it was i had and if the Predator would be worth it for me later down the road.
in bold, who told you that? where exactly is this info coming from?

few facts:

it doesnt work for the 2.7L at all so far. whether or not they have plans remains to be seen.

as for the 4 speed, the transmission is the only thing thats really not affected (or enjoys gains via the predator). the tuner more or less has most of its performance gains via the engine. so since the engine is still the 3.5L HO the same stuff (outside of the transmission stuff) anyone else does and gains with the tuner, the 4 speed guys get as well.

i honestly, just wanna know WHO exactly keeps passing on alot of the bad info on the forums.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1376 View Post
My 08 is a 3.5lHO it says on the fender but i got the 4speed they droped the 5 speed for 08 on the v6s and the 5 speed only comes on v8s and awd v6s
My '06 is not AWD.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 AM

^^ He was talking about the 2008 models not having the 5-spd.

Mine's an '07 and AWD... does that give me a 10-spd?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.