Lightweight 20s? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension Discussion about anything involving the wheels, tires, suspension components, etc.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 PM

Lightweight 20s?

Anyone know of any light weight 20" wheels? I'm looking to upgrade my stock R/Ts but am having second thoughts about the performance hit. I'm wondering if there's anything available that are at least the same weight as 18" R/T stockers.
2006 Dodge Charger RT - 6.1 motor, Novi 1200 blower, Treadstone A/A FMIC, 392 fuel pump + KB BAP, Siemens 70# injectors, 190* tstat, 3.06 rear, Diablo Trinity, Tuned by Josh @ HHP, catless mids, Full Brembo setup, SRT steering & electronics, KWV2 suspension, Hotchkis sways, BWoody endlinks, SPC/Eibach UCAs, SRT fascia & spoiler, Trufiber SRT hood, MSRT wheels, 6000k HID lows/fogs, LED headlamps, SRT seats, MyGIG, 1ST COMPLETE '06 to '08 INTERIOR CONVERSION, ... & a bunch of other sh!t I cant remember!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Srock 18"s are around 50~54Lbs with tiers
none forged 20"s weight around 65~70Lbs with tiers

most of the people got forged stock SRT rims that are 62Lbs, going the forged route you'd expect something around that might even be a bit lower but comes at a high price tag.

best choice is stock SRT rims

i learned that the hard way

2006 R/T w R\T
Made You Look & Drool Mods: Ram Air Hood, Foose Nitrous 20s Blacked Out With Chrome Lip, Grip Tuning Body Kit, RiderGraphix & HID
Made You Scream For Your Life Mods: FRI Street Heads & LittleBoy Cam, ProTQ 2800, Mopar LTH, Borla 125, AFE Stage 2 & PMT CMR Tune.

Last edited by Venom187; 03-24-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to NJBatmobile Send a message via MSN to NJBatmobile Send a message via Yahoo to NJBatmobile
I thought you wanted SRT wheels? When did you change your mind O?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 PM

Well I'm reading all these threads about performance hits when going from 18's and 20's so I'm starting to second guess myself. I worked hard for my 354hp lol, and I'm not trying to give even 1hp up.

I'll probably be getting milled Street heads soon so maybe then I'll be willing to take a slight performance hit. But for now, I just want bigger wheels w/o the performance decrease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.