Codes p0622 generator field terminal circuit, P3497-MDS RATIONALITY BANK 2, and p0300 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Enano
Codes p0622 generator field terminal circuit, P3497-MDS RATIONALITY BANK 2, and p0300

i just got a p0622 generator field terminal circuit code, along with P3497-MDS RATIONALITY BANK 2, and p0300.
I had something goin on where i thought the mds wasnt disabled after my dyno tune. on my diablo the mds isnt in the quick adjust a few people said that it was supposed to be. codes came on last night while driving back from jersey ( after driving there earlier in the morning) about 50 miles each way. was able to drive this morning after clearing the codes.
how do i go about saving my dyno tune and editing the mds values. any ideas on the generator field, i did a quick search and got nill. thanks
i also occasionally get the battery recharging light. i figure thats cause i forgot to disconnect the batter last time i was home
ive been keeping the car in autostick to avoid any mds issues, no new codes after tonight
GoManGo #2854 DYNO: 372.86HP, 377.64TQ
Diablo Tuning, FRI Street heads/Hellfire cam
Ram Air
Kooks LT Headers/High Flow Cats, JBA Catback, DMH E-Cutouts (http://youtube.com/watch?v=42CGa05aSxA) LED Tail Lights
Official GMG G-Force Meter Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSKJMf39krk)

Last edited by Enano; 03-17-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 10:41 PM

buuump, been getting the battery recharging light, ill check the volts tomorow, the evic was displaying 10-11 volts.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 PM

on these newer Dodges, the pcm controls the field for the alternator, thus controlling alternator output. I am worried that for some reason, the alt can not be controlled by the pcm.
Top Banana #40 of 4,000. Supporting Vendors who have helped with my Daytona. I support them. They are good, trustworthy vendors: BilletTechnology! RiderGraphix! DMH Cutouts, MPSC, DankoReproductions, RockBlockers, ReflectiveConcepts My pics are here: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z4/TBYDaytona40/

Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBYDaytona40 View Post
on these newer Dodges, the pcm controls the field for the alternator, thus controlling alternator output. I am worried that for some reason, the alt can not be controlled by the pcm.
hmm would that on the alternator or pcm side of things. (i didnt find the mds adjust in the quick settings on the diablo btw, is it back to the dyno to get that fixed?)

also i checked the voltage on the battery, between 11.6 and 11.9 with the key off and on, (engine off).

also my innovate wideband is displaying the E9 error which is low voltage.

my car doesnt see much action nowadays, it sits under a cover for several weeks at a time. last time i was gone for abuot 3-4 weeks i left the battery connected, could it just be very low, and need to be charged up.

*also one of my sets of grill lights has gone out, i inspected them quickly didnt see anything wrong with the lights or wiring, nowhere had it melted and shorted to my knowledge, low voltage?? when its not wet and miserable out ill check if there is power going to them.

should i not do E-town this weekend

Last edited by Enano; 03-19-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:05 PM

try trickle charging the battery. KOEO key on engine off voltage should be between 12.5 and 12.6. KOER engine running volts should be about 14 volts. Not sure where the prob is.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBYDaytona40 View Post
try trickle charging the battery. KOEO key on engine off voltage should be between 12.5 and 12.6. KOER engine running volts should be about 14 volts. Not sure where the prob is.
thanks,
a trickle charge is one of those overnight charges from a gas station?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:42 PM

so last night i took the car out, the low voltage error was goin nuts on the afr gauge, so i started things out slowly with everything, off, i was watching the voltage, before i got too far from home i turned on the fans, and then the radio to see what would happen, and good thing, cause the second i turn on the radio, voltage drops to about 9, mr squiggles esp/abs/bas/parkingbrake/ and a bunch of others suddenly light up, im in limp mode. nothing non essential worked, i pull a u'y and make my way home, silly me decided to see if my turn signal would work as i turned onto my street, the second i hit it, lights flash, things go beep, car shuts off, and power steering goes bye bye (mid turn with stone pillars on either side, scary) the car is dead in the middle of the road. i manage to push it about 100 feet or so before magically my mom turns onto the street and helps me jump the car. (had to jump it twice, after the first time i took my sweet ass time disconnecting the jumper cables and closing the hoods, by the time i got back to the car, it puttered to death. second time i jumped it ripped off the cables (in order ofcourse) and got my ass movin, as i pull into my driveway she putters to death again.

Im pretty sure its the alternator, unless a battery that hasnt been used and has been left connected displays these symptoms. i would love some suggestions, i suppose ill get another alternator and swap them. What else could be the culprit, a bad ground somehow draining the battery??

really guru's where are you.

also i need a part number for the alternator

Last edited by Enano; 03-20-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enano View Post
thanks,
a trickle charge is one of those overnight charges from a gas station?
I think with these symptoms, you need more than a trickle charge. In order to bring a battery back from a deeply discharged state, you need to get a good automatic battery charger that puts out 10-12 amps and charge the battery overnight. Its best to disconnect the battery from the car before charging it so the charger isn't fooled by other loads in the car and also doesn't overvolt the vehicle system. After charging overnight, if the battery is taking and holding the charge, the ammeter should be reading 0-2 amps. If it still reads a high amp draw, the battery may be bad (this IS a possibilty based on the car's lack of regular activity). Take the battery to one of the auto parts stores that can load it to verify the failure. Then you will know if the problem is the battery or the charging system. I'm assuming your car is out of warranty since you haven't mentioned getting the dealer involved. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyiii View Post
I'm assuming your car is out of warranty since you haven't mentioned getting the dealer involved. Good luck.
tee hee
but yes, ill be dropping the battery off someplace tomorow
Old 03-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enano View Post
buuump, been getting the battery recharging light, ill check the volts tomorow, the evic was displaying 10-11 volts.

When the battery has 10 volts its got a chit cell, you'll need to replace it. the battery has 6 2 volt cells in it. One died from something.
Could be alternator, battery drain, vibration, dirt, anything. Dont check just volts when you check a battery. If its 10 like this you can bet its a junk cell however even if it shows 12 that doesnt mean its any good. Ampere check is the best route to go. You will not be able to check alternator output til you get a good battery in there, but you need to make sure after the new one is in that whatever happened to the last one dont happen again. Make sure the connectons are tight, battery is mounted and clean and alternator output stays above 13.8 with ac on max , wipers on and lights on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.