Eng light came on! code P0306 #6 misfire detected! WTF!? - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

post #1 of 10 Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
TXboi

(Thread Starter)
Angry Eng light came on! code P0306 #6 misfire detected! WTF!?

came on wednesday and noticed my fuel mpg started to go down. hooked up my flashpaq and code 3 codes. P0306 cylinder G-misfire detected cylinder 6; U1408 no fault detected; U0184 lost comm with radio

put the car back to stock settings and bringing it in asap. i had an appt tomorrow to fix that dreaded front suspension rattle at low speeds. I'll keep u guys posted. last guy that had this code messed his eng up pretty bad. i have no internal mods that would void my warranty all i have is cai and a full exhaust system. no cam, heads or nos so i'll keep u guys posted.
Wish me luck!

2006 Charger R/T
MODS: JBA System..K&N CAI..ESP delete..93 Flashpaq.. 20" black vipers..15% tint..tinted tails..Blinker mod..Decal/Door Molding Delete..Hood decal blackout..Silverstars..Jenson 9021 touchhscreen..12" JL Sub.."Superwhite" dome lights..quarter panel stripe kit..trunk blkout..daytona grille,chin spoiler,spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Phanta5m
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

good luck,,, let us know the outcome
post #3 of 10 Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
TXboi

(Thread Starter)
just dropped the car off. its weird because as soon as i set the flashpaq back to stock settings the light went off. is that normal? i didnt clear the codes because i wanted my dealer to see the eng light. when i dropped it off i told the service rep that the light went out & he said that happens and the cpu should have the codes in the database as long as i didnt clear them. i told him i used a diagnostic cpu u know the ones u can buy at pep boys to look up codes that your car trips (didnt wanna tell the rep "oh i used my flashpaq to look up these codes"). anyways hope they fix her because the gas mileage was bad. i mean i could see my gas needle move with not even that much driving. it was like i had a 7.0L engine
post #4 of 10 Old 03-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Phanta5m

good thinking about telling them you use a diagnostic tool to read the code
post #5 of 10 Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Doctor No

Just turn key on,off on off and last on (quickly with in 3 secs)and your mileage display gives you all the codes, without a scan tool.Batt disconnnect or fuse 11 clears the codes
post #6 of 10 Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 AM
looboy

I had the same misfire codes along with a check engine light and engine stalls. I could never get it to the dealer with the check engine light on. They were no help. I stopped buying high grade fuels at low priced stations and the problem has not come back. In fact the last check engine light I had with misfire codes was cleared by high end mid grade fuel!

Bright Silver SE
R/T: 18-inch polished aluminum wheels
0% Tint
Fog Lights
post #7 of 10 Old 03-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Phanta5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by looboy View Post
I had the same misfire codes along with a check engine light and engine stalls. I could never get it to the dealer with the check engine light on. They were no help. I stopped buying high grade fuels at low priced stations and the problem has not come back. In fact the last check engine light I had with misfire codes was cleared by high end mid grade fuel!
good input!
post #8 of 10 Old 03-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Joe123

There was a tsb on it, I had it happen to mine took it to the dealer where I found that out and they had to flash the computer and it was fine ever since.

post #9 of 10 Old 04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
blacoste

Any idea on where there's more info on the TSB for this? Or the TSB itself?

I've had the P0302 (misfire on cylinder #2) a couple times now. Dealer said it was due to a fouled sparkplug, and that I needed to do the 30K tune up.

So I changed the plugs, oil etc. and was good for about a week, then the P0302 came back!

I read on another thread that the coil pack may be bad? Should I take it back to the dealer for them to tell me some story? Or is there something I can do myself?

GONE, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN.
'06 InfernoRed R/T - mods: Carbon Fiber AirHAMMER , Predator, R/TJunkie NoESP, blinkers frt and rear, HD catch can, auto headlights, 'nekid HEMI's', 'Bob's exhaust', deep dark tint http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65616
post #10 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboi View Post
just dropped the car off. its weird because as soon as i set the flashpaq back to stock settings the light went off. is that normal? i didnt clear the codes because i wanted my dealer to see the eng light. when i dropped it off i told the service rep that the light went out & he said that happens and the cpu should have the codes in the database as long as i didnt clear them. i told him i used a diagnostic cpu u know the ones u can buy at pep boys to look up codes that your car trips (didnt wanna tell the rep "oh i used my flashpaq to look up these codes"). anyways hope they fix her because the gas mileage was bad. i mean i could see my gas needle move with not even that much driving. it was like i had a 7.0L engine
Whats wrong with that ?!?!!?

EvE
2006 charger SRT-8 Options I,II, and III
Power Ported Performance 426 HEMI stroker/ PPP stage 2 heads/ PPP custom blower cam/ Kooks longtubes/ magnaflow cat-back/ GSM 10lb supercharger/ full CMR tune(buch of other goodies)
2010 Shelby gt500- Sterling grey metallic w/ black striping- JLT CAI, C&L Tbody, 2.6 pulley, Ford Racing Super stinger exhaust, , Duel Fan heat exchanger, 180 deg t-stat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

User Tag List