Eng light came on! code P0306 #6 misfire detected! WTF!? - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 AM
TXboi

(Thread Starter)
Angry Eng light came on! code P0306 #6 misfire detected! WTF!?

came on wednesday and noticed my fuel mpg started to go down. hooked up my flashpaq and code 3 codes. P0306 cylinder G-misfire detected cylinder 6; U1408 no fault detected; U0184 lost comm with radio

put the car back to stock settings and bringing it in asap. i had an appt tomorrow to fix that dreaded front suspension rattle at low speeds. I'll keep u guys posted. last guy that had this code messed his eng up pretty bad. i have no internal mods that would void my warranty all i have is cai and a full exhaust system. no cam, heads or nos so i'll keep u guys posted.
Wish me luck!

2006 Charger R/T
MODS: JBA System..K&N CAI..ESP delete..93 Flashpaq.. 20" black vipers..15% tint..tinted tails..Blinker mod..Decal/Door Molding Delete..Hood decal blackout..Silverstars..Jenson 9021 touchhscreen..12" JL Sub.."Superwhite" dome lights..quarter panel stripe kit..trunk blkout..daytona grille,chin spoiler,spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Phanta5m
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

good luck,,, let us know the outcome
#3 Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
TXboi

(Thread Starter)
just dropped the car off. its weird because as soon as i set the flashpaq back to stock settings the light went off. is that normal? i didnt clear the codes because i wanted my dealer to see the eng light. when i dropped it off i told the service rep that the light went out & he said that happens and the cpu should have the codes in the database as long as i didnt clear them. i told him i used a diagnostic cpu u know the ones u can buy at pep boys to look up codes that your car trips (didnt wanna tell the rep "oh i used my flashpaq to look up these codes"). anyways hope they fix her because the gas mileage was bad. i mean i could see my gas needle move with not even that much driving. it was like i had a 7.0L engine
#4 Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Phanta5m

good thinking about telling them you use a diagnostic tool to read the code
#5 Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Doctor No

Just turn key on,off on off and last on (quickly with in 3 secs)and your mileage display gives you all the codes, without a scan tool.Batt disconnnect or fuse 11 clears the codes
#6 Old 03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
looboy

I had the same misfire codes along with a check engine light and engine stalls. I could never get it to the dealer with the check engine light on. They were no help. I stopped buying high grade fuels at low priced stations and the problem has not come back. In fact the last check engine light I had with misfire codes was cleared by high end mid grade fuel!

Bright Silver SE
R/T: 18-inch polished aluminum wheels
0% Tint
Fog Lights
#7 Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Phanta5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by looboy View Post
I had the same misfire codes along with a check engine light and engine stalls. I could never get it to the dealer with the check engine light on. They were no help. I stopped buying high grade fuels at low priced stations and the problem has not come back. In fact the last check engine light I had with misfire codes was cleared by high end mid grade fuel!
good input!
#8 Old 03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Joe123

There was a tsb on it, I had it happen to mine took it to the dealer where I found that out and they had to flash the computer and it was fine ever since.

#9 Old 04-15-2008, 11:55 PM
blacoste

Any idea on where there's more info on the TSB for this? Or the TSB itself?

I've had the P0302 (misfire on cylinder #2) a couple times now. Dealer said it was due to a fouled sparkplug, and that I needed to do the 30K tune up.

So I changed the plugs, oil etc. and was good for about a week, then the P0302 came back!

I read on another thread that the coil pack may be bad? Should I take it back to the dealer for them to tell me some story? Or is there something I can do myself?

GONE, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN.
'06 InfernoRed R/T - mods: Carbon Fiber AirHAMMER , Predator, R/TJunkie NoESP, blinkers frt and rear, HD catch can, auto headlights, 'nekid HEMI's', 'Bob's exhaust', deep dark tint http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65616
#10 Old 04-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboi View Post
just dropped the car off. its weird because as soon as i set the flashpaq back to stock settings the light went off. is that normal? i didnt clear the codes because i wanted my dealer to see the eng light. when i dropped it off i told the service rep that the light went out & he said that happens and the cpu should have the codes in the database as long as i didnt clear them. i told him i used a diagnostic cpu u know the ones u can buy at pep boys to look up codes that your car trips (didnt wanna tell the rep "oh i used my flashpaq to look up these codes"). anyways hope they fix her because the gas mileage was bad. i mean i could see my gas needle move with not even that much driving. it was like i had a 7.0L engine
Whats wrong with that ?!?!!?

EvE
2006 charger SRT-8 Options I,II, and III
Power Ported Performance 426 HEMI stroker/ PPP stage 2 heads/ PPP custom blower cam/ Kooks longtubes/ magnaflow cat-back/ GSM 10lb supercharger/ full CMR tune(buch of other goodies)
2010 Shelby gt500- Sterling grey metallic w/ black striping- JLT CAI, C&L Tbody, 2.6 pulley, Ford Racing Super stinger exhaust, , Duel Fan heat exchanger, 180 deg t-stat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List